PDA

View Full Version : Several Questions

Banon
09-25-2007, 11:53 PM
I have a few questions.

1) How do you get something other than a grey square to appear under pushed blocks?

2) How do you work with the layers? I mean all of it.

3) When I put a custom shutter in that turns into tile warps it would appear as those ugly gray squares when I tested it. (The tile warps appeared fine though) How can I fix this?

Gleeok
09-25-2007, 11:59 PM
I have a few questions.

1) How do you get something other than a grey square to appear under pushed blocks?

2) How do you work with the layers? I mean all of it.

3) When I put a custom shutter in that turns into tile warps it would appear as those ugly gray squares when I tested it. (The tile warps appeared fine though) How can I fix this?

1) undercombos

2) There is a Layering Tutorial around here somewhere, sorry I forgot where...

3) Do you mean you used flags, and secret combos with enemies->secrets, or something else?

Joe123
09-26-2007, 02:55 AM
2)http://zcu.sephiroth.ws/forums/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=5

1) put the push blocks on layer 0, then put what you want to appear underneath the push blocks on layer 1 or 2. (I know this will look stupid in zquest, but in ZC it works)

3) Do you have the 'freeform dungeons' rule checked? because you can't make custom shutters if you don't have it checked.

Banon
09-26-2007, 10:38 AM
No, I don't have freeform dungeon checked. In that case how would I make a tile warp that appears when you defeat Ganon? (Yes I'm a newb).

As for the push blocks, and layering, thanks.

Joe123
09-26-2007, 11:46 AM
When you defeat ganon. Hmm. I'm not so sure on this, as I've never really worked with ganon. If it was just a normal enemy, you'd check the 'Enemies->Secret' screen flag, which then triggers flags 16-32 when you kill the screens enemies. This may work with Ganon also, but I'm not so sure, seeing as you set him as a room type rather than an enemy.

Banon
09-26-2007, 02:34 PM
I think that would work, because the second part of the shutter worked.

Master Maniac
09-27-2007, 07:12 PM
hey about your question with layers,

1- create an entirely new map made of blank space.

2- when you are on the screen you want to put layers on, go to data, layers and then type in the #s for the empty map and the screen for that layer.
(layers 1-2 are below link, 3-4 above link but below flying enemies and 4-5 above everything)(and make sure not to set the wrong screen for the layers. it is not a very good thing to do and is very confusing.

3-test it. if everything works right then you did it right.

remember, tree roots and things like that go on layers 1-2
treetops on 3-4
and weather effects on 5-6

**does that help?**

Joe123
09-28-2007, 02:56 AM
well it was mostly explained in the tutorial, that's why I posted it...

Banon
09-28-2007, 02:06 PM
Everything worked thanks a lot.;)

Banon
09-28-2007, 02:07 PM
Everyting worked. Thanks. (Sorry about the double post)