PDA

View Full Version : Halo 3, tonight at midnight

War Lord
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
I'm picking this up at midnight. I pre-ordered the Legendary edition, bought one of the Todd McFarlane controllers, and I also bought the Halo editiion 360 console (long story as to why, sort of).

I won't be sleeping until campaign is complete.

Tell me I'm not the only one getting this tonight? This game is huge.

Cloral
09-24-2007, 04:00 PM
I'm not getting it tonight, as I have work tomorrow. Besides, I don't think there is a local midnight launch event. Will be picking it up on the way home from work on Tuesday though.

DarkFlameWolf
09-24-2007, 04:16 PM
well, safe to say I won't be picking this up. Esp. since I never played Halo 1 or 2. :P

MottZilla
09-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Nope, not spending 60$ on Halo 3. I'll get it later on when it's cheaper maybe. But I've already got Gears of War which I think is alot better. I can imagine most people will be all on Halo 3 for the next week as that happens whenever any big game comes out. That'll help when playing Gears of War, since all the 13 year old retards will stop playing Gears and start playing Halo 3.

I'm waiting for Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) and Assassin's Creed (X360). I'd also rather get a PS3 and MGS4 than Halo 3. ;p

SpacemanDan
09-24-2007, 05:38 PM
Sorry War Lord, it seems you're all on you're own on this one. :P ;) j/k I;m sure they'll be others. I won't be buying it, considering I don't own a X-box 360, nor have I played Halo 1 or 2. I'm sure I'll end-up watching my brother play it at my cousin's house, though. :P

AtmaWeapon
09-24-2007, 07:19 PM
Generic 3d shooters will never be the same!

Orn
09-24-2007, 10:55 PM
Im thinking about picking it up at midnight... or trying to without a pre-order. I really like coop games, and 4 player coop over Xbox Live is VERY appealing to me.

ZeldaFan001
09-24-2007, 11:46 PM
I've played Halo 1 and Halo 2, but only on PC. If Halo 3 PC comes out, I'll get it. Otherwise, I'm not buying an XBox 360 console just to play one damn game, no matter how popular it is. If I get to play, I will probably mooch off of my friends, hehe.

War Lord
09-25-2007, 04:18 AM
We're about half-way through the campaign now. Definitely a great game thus far. The release of this game is insane. Our city isn't even huge and there were a ton of people at the one store I was at. We had several places doing the midnight launch.

The replica helmet tops it all off too. It looks awesome.

Whoever ends up with the game, message me, I'm sure I'll be playing this online for the next several months.

Breaker
09-25-2007, 04:27 AM
As soon as I beat the three or four other games I bought, I'll pick up Halo 3.. after playing Halo 1 and 2 on the PC.

ShadowTiger
09-25-2007, 07:02 AM
Hell I'm still enjoying Halo CE on the PC! Waiting for Metroid Online. ^^.

Would love Halo 3, but don't want a 360, nor do I want to spend the money. Too much right now...

Archibaldo
09-25-2007, 10:04 AM
Lol, my roommate just got back from the mall to get his reserved copy of Halo 3. Turns out the guy at EB gave him a French copy and he didn't realize until he stared playing it.

War Lord
09-25-2007, 10:10 AM
Campaign took about 7 hours on Normal, and was awesome.

Multiplayer is definitely where it's at though. Having a blast playing it.

Breaker
09-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Would love Halo 3, but don't want a 360, nor do I want to spend the money. Too much right now...

You don't want the single greatest next generation gaming system ever made? Odd. :eyebrow:

Brasel
09-25-2007, 12:22 PM
Nope, not spending 60$ on Halo 3. I'll get it later on when it's cheaper maybe. But I've already got Gears of War which I think is alot better. I can imagine most people will be all on Halo 3 for the next week as that happens whenever any big game comes out. That'll help when playing Gears of War, since all the 13 year old retards will stop playing Gears and start playing Halo 3.

I'm waiting for Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles (PSP) and Assassin's Creed (X360). I'd also rather get a PS3 and MGS4 than Halo 3. ;p

I've actually heard that Dracula X Chronicles wasn't that great, and to unlock Symphony of the Night you have to beat the game on hard or something like that, and there isn't any other way to unlock it without using a Gameshark or something like that. I don't remember what magazine I read that in. I think it was Game Informer. I think they said that the controls were really bad or something. I'll look for where I saw that after work today.

As for Halo 3, I've only played the first Halo, and while the single player campaign was pretty good, I wasn't a big fan of the multiplayer. I never really got on the bandwagon, as I'm not a huge FPS fan myself. I might play it when I'm home in Illinois next with my brother, who will probably get it.

MottZilla
09-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, it's true that damn near everyone on Xbox Live is playing Halo 3. All but 1 person on my friends list. And there are VERY few Gears of War matches now. It used to be searching for any number of rounds would more than fill up the list you get. Now you can search ranges like 7 through 11 rounds and you don't find more than 8 games! The Halo 3 hype has worked so far. ;p

Warlock
09-26-2007, 12:29 AM
Eh, I'm just not that excited about Halo 3. Maybe I'll rent it to see if it's any good, but frankly I've never been huge on FPSers as it is. I'd rather not buy into the hype machine that's going on with that game :P

MottZilla
09-26-2007, 12:48 AM
Rent Gears of War at some point too. Much better game than Halo. ;p From what I've seen from Halo 2 and the Halo 3 beta, it's not so special. Gears of War is atleast drastically different than just about any other shooter game.

Cloral
09-26-2007, 01:30 PM
I didn't think I liked shooters much, until a friend introduced me to Halo 2 a couple years ago. That very much changed my mind, and I've had a ton of fun with it since. So you probably should give it a try, since you might change your opinion like I did.

As for GoW, it looks really good, but it never struck me as being much fun. So to each his own I guess. :shrug:

MottZilla
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, one point I hear alot is that Gears of War requires/benifits from more strategy where Halo is more of a chaotic frag fest. Well I've been there and done that. If I want to play a frag fest I'd rather play Unreal Tournament really.

Orn
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
I got it mostly for 4 player online coop. 2 people can even play it split screen at one house and 2 people at another over LIVE (good for my friends without an Xbox 360).