PDA

View Full Version : Where to find some big enemies

ShadowMancer
09-24-2007, 12:01 AM
I am looking for Big (16X32,32X16,32X32 or bigger) animated enemies. I am going to be useing the FFA color set with some SD3 added to it (ugh sprite recoloreing!) to give you an idea of the graphic style. I'm looking for stuff like wizards, knights, dragons (ohh lots o' dragons) demons, undead, trolls, goblins, dark elves... y'know D&D fantasy type stuff.
I've seen plenty of great graphics from RPG's but only problem, not animated useally (and since I sprite like a one-legged man dances... um thats just not an option to animate them myself)

Anyone know a good source (rip,original,whatever).

Almost forgot, all the battles in the quest are in sideview so that should be simpiler to find enemies for. (I just can't think of a single game I could rip the grapics from except mabye SoM, some good enemies there)

Gleeok
09-24-2007, 12:20 AM
Ah, FF! You just answered my question I posted in the other thread. Hmm...your probably replying to that right now as I type this! :laughing::laughing::laughing: Haha..And when I finish this post i'll probably reply to the other one and then we'll trade off again.:glare::eek::laughing: hehehe..

Anyway, Have you seen some of my FF work? Basically here's what's in it. (i'm still working on it though...)
FF1 complete.
Some FF3.
FF4, basically mostly complete minus everything past the Lunar whale. No underworld stuff either.
Still working on the PS1 remake of ff2.
Lot's of DW tiles, OG plus the graphical remake...

My free time will be diminishing this week, but i'll try to get this stuff up if you'd like to use anything.

EDIT: Seems I missed the original question. :glare: My large animated sprites are somewhat limited. I'll try to post them as they come up.

ShadowMancer
09-24-2007, 12:46 PM
Thankyou Gleeok. Big enemies are very limited in the ZC comunity (well obviously because ZC does not support big enemies yet) There are a few good extra big enemies in the FFA set. Why big enemies, My main (battle) character is 32X32. If you are wondering how I am going to use all these big enemies, well I'm gonna script their movement, Its gonna be a simalar battle system to AoL. Alright enough of my rambleing

Joe123
09-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Have you looked down the tile page at the misused bosses? I left in all of the bosses from FFA incase anyone wanted to use them as custom bosses, most of them are animated, although often a little crudely. Also, some of the bosses which are actually used as bosses aren't really used to their full potential, like the Hydra and the Superpede and the Golem. Actually, almost all of them have some extra animation tiles that didn't really fit in that I left to the right of the enemies in the empty space.

ShadowMancer
09-24-2007, 06:04 PM
Actually yes, that is what i ment by 'some good extra enemies in FFA set' I will be useing many of them, mabye I will modify some (mabye). Also I am useing the battle character generator at http://charas-project.net/ to make some wizards and knights (I need to resize them but thats okay) Been looking for SoM enemies sprite pages not much luck finding all the animation frames yet.

Freedom
09-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Have you tried Spriters resource?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/

ShadowMancer
09-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Have you tried Spriters resource?
http://www.spriters-resource.com/
Very sweet! Thanks Freedom :) :) :)
This site is bieng bookmarked right now.