PDA

View Full Version : Sequel to NiGHTS - Coming in November!!

Breaker
09-22-2007, 04:00 PM
This was my all time favorite game on the short lived Sega Saturn. Seeing it brought back on the Wii (especially after I just bought one) is awesome.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/821/821514p1.html

http://i8.tinypic.com/4cijnr4.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/4vmx3ki.jpg

vegeta1215
09-22-2007, 07:21 PM
I never played the original NiGHTS, but I definitely want to try this new one out.

I'm glad some of these games with cult followings are coming to Wii. It makes be hopeful that if a sequel is made for Beyond Good and Evil, it will come to the Wii.

Aegix Drakan
09-22-2007, 08:28 PM
Nice pic.

When I get myself a Wii this Christmas, I'm definetly getting this game.

Breaker
09-22-2007, 10:23 PM
It makes be hopeful that if a sequel is made for Beyond Good and Evil, it will come to the Wii.

Also one of the greatest and underrated games ever made. I loved Beyond Good and Evil.

MottZilla
09-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Do you have a Sega Saturn still? I highly recommend getting a modded Sega Saturn and getting hooked up with games. It's a great system.

Darth Marsden
09-23-2007, 11:07 AM
I'm glad some of these games with cult followings are coming to Wii. It makes be hopeful that if a sequel is made for Beyond Good and Evil, it will come to the Wii.
Gah! I though you'd finally shut up about that.
Kidding, obviously. I want a sequel too.

This certainly looks interesting and I'll keep an eye one it. Any more then that I cannot promise.

vegeta1215
09-23-2007, 08:00 PM
Gah! I though you'd finally shut up about that.
Kidding, obviously. I want a sequel too.

Never!

Breaker
09-24-2007, 10:44 PM
Don't make me sticky this topic to prevent it from getting buried..

I swear I'll ban everyone that doesn't promise to buy it when it's released.

Skulkraken
09-25-2007, 04:28 AM
I can't make a promise like that... (I don't own a Wii, and I don't have enough money to get one by the time that game comes out)

Can I at least promise to consider buying it?

Breaker
09-25-2007, 04:32 AM
I suppose...

Aegix Drakan
09-25-2007, 11:57 AM
I'm getting it, but only at chirstmastime, when I get my Wii.

Good enough for ya?

*goes to play SRB2 version of NiGHTS meanwhile.*

Breaker
11-01-2007, 09:15 PM
http://www.sega.com/gamesite/nights/

The website launched last week. It looks awesome! 2 player mode and On-line play!

DarkDragoonX
11-01-2007, 09:24 PM
Shiny... my collection of Wii games is going to grow nicely this season.

ShadowTiger
11-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Don't make me sticky this topic to prevent it from getting buried..

I swear I'll ban everyone that doesn't promise to buy it when it's released.
Seconded. All I needed was to watch the trailor, and it instantly snapped right into place as #2 in my "I vow upon my very soul not to put off getting this game" list, which only consists of two games. Brawl, and Nights. Metroid Prime 3 can wait until its first drop in price.

Nights will be an experience to bring tears to an old dreamer's eye.

... ... ...

... EDIT ... ...

Wow. I am apparently incredibly easily moved, as although this is indeed quite a bit of "Oh good good..." contained within the same five minute timespan, I have just risen to a new peak of awe.

It's being released on my birthday.

Too bad I have a math final on that day. Oh well. Easy stuff. I'll stop by at the GameStop on my way home to preorder it soon.

Breaker
11-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Metroid Prime 3 is cool, but it hasn't been able to really keep my attention.

ShadowTiger
11-02-2007, 06:55 AM
Aye; It's cool like Twilight Princess. Great for a once through; Maybe another; but then you've done it all. =/ Nights has online play, a sandbox mode, and you can fly. The flight alone is worth anyone's fancy. I predict myself playing it at least nightly, what with my bedside Wii station and all. I play from my bed. :p How appropriate.

Aegix Drakan
11-02-2007, 09:38 AM
...lol, ST.

:P That's pretty funny. I wish I had a TV in my room. Would really make my gaming easier. No more running up to my computer from the basement whenever I need an FAQ because I'm hopelessly stuck.

And dammit, they'd better still be selling this game when I get back from my Winter vacation (when I'm getting my Wii).

AlexMax
11-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimeline (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96904)

I'll wait and see what the reviews say before buying it, considering SEGA's recent track record. And of course, nothing can satisfy the die hard Sonic Team fans (who are honestly all a little loopy). Here's hoping.

ShadowTiger
11-05-2007, 10:48 AM
To be honest, I really didn't like hearing that it would be played "On a rail." Can it still be considered flying if you only have control out of a fraction of the total directions you can "fly" in? :shrug:

It's obviously a terrible thing to go into an idea with expectations higher than can be conceivably expected. :-/ I'm only now slightly more reluctant to get it due to the inherently high pricetag of newly released games.

"Sandbox" mode looks interesting though.

Breaker
12-02-2007, 07:54 AM
You can get free overnight shipping if you pre-order within the next 24 hours at http://www.ebgames.com/gs/swoffers/default2.asp

rock_nog
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Holy crap, I can't even remember the last time I heard someone reference "timeline." Wow, that takes me back.

ShadowTiger
12-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Today was the supposed release date. Didn't see any in stores, but I haven't really been keeping track of it at all.

Grasshopper
12-19-2007, 01:49 AM
Today was the ship date. They should have it Wednesday.

Warlock
12-19-2007, 11:32 AM
So 1up says this game is pretty bad. They gave it a 7.0:
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3165083

I guess it has some problems :(

vegeta1215
12-19-2007, 07:40 PM
A 7.0 is not that bad of a rating, and the average user rating so far on 1up is an 8.1.

Really, I don't look at the number much anymore (unless they're really low). I like reading reviews for details about the game that general descriptions/summaries just don't mention. It sounds like that game doesn't stray too far from the original's formula, which is good for the fans, but maybe bad for newcomers.

UPDATE: Eh...IGN's review was not too good :( they go into a lot more detail about the game.

Warlock
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
A 7.0 is not that bad of a rating, and the average user rating so far on 1up is an 8.1.

Really, I don't look at the number much anymore (unless they're really low). I like reading reviews for details about the game that general descriptions/summaries just don't mention. It sounds like that game doesn't stray too far from the original's formula, which is good for the fans, but maybe bad for newcomers.

UPDATE: Eh...IGN's review was not too good :( they go into a lot more detail about the game.

Right, I was more talking more about the actual review. It's pretty negative.

Breaker
12-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I bought it, but I haven't played it yet. I've been too caught up in Mass Effect. I'll reply with a little review later after I've had some time with it.

Grasshopper
12-20-2007, 01:04 AM
It's pretty negative.
I didn't think it sound all that negative. :shrug:

Breaker
12-20-2007, 01:15 AM
I've played the game and it's awesome. The cutscenes and voices leave a lot to be desired, but once you get past that and into the actual game it rocks just as much as the first did. It's very fast paced and looks beautiful. Rent first if you're skeptical about picking this one up. It's a different kind of game than you're probably used to and not for everybody.

Aegix Drakan
12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
:P I am so picking this up the second I get my Wii...

Grasshopper
01-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I finally picked it up, and have played through the first couple worlds on Will's story. I think its a pretty decent game. I've never played the original to compare it to this one, but the one thing that popped out at me that I really enjoyed was the music.