PDA

View Full Version : Explain this weird mechanic in Disgaea to me.

AtmaWeapon
09-22-2007, 02:27 PM
I read the manual, I read GameFAQs, and I read the ingame tutorial about the Dark Assembly, but it makes no sense. I just want the store to start carrying better items, and it looks like the only way I'm going to get that is to win a proposal before the Dark Assembly. So I go and I scope out the senators. I typically see a makeup kind of like this:

3x Agree
4x Strongly For
3x Leaning for

What happens when they vote? "Nay nay nay nay nay yea nay nay nay nay" no matter what the game says they feel they still seem to vote totally randomly.

I understand there's a bribe mechanic, but do I really have to buy tons of stuff and throw it away just to get them to do what they say? How the devil does this work?

KJAZZ
09-22-2007, 03:14 PM
Yeah, basically, however the Senator feels is just a percentage chance that it'll vote for or against you. The chance is low, but even one at Love<3 can vote against you. If you have senators that are mostly for you, just keep resetting, you'll get it. Honestly, for just improving the item quality, it should just be enough to maybe bribe 1-2 senators.

Or yeah, y'know, you can just kill the naysayers. :evil:

mrz84
09-23-2007, 12:28 AM
Granted killing the senators when they disagree with you can let you pass the bill, they end up hating you more than before the next time you vote. What I do to avoid this is bribe the highest level person and if they vote for me, and I don't pass it, I start chucking the nays into the guy I bribed. Once they are all assimulated, I pass the bill without killing the senators. Granted it can be risky business in the beginning of the game to do this unless you power level. You'll need several good throwers to pull it off and to make sure the guy who voted for you doesn't get hit by ANYBODY or wht whole thing goes to hell in a hand basket. But ya. The Dark Assembly can be a bitch sometimes.

AtmaWeapon
09-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Basically I'm starting to realize that the name of this game is power-leveling and I'm trying to move too fast.

I kept getting really really frustrated with item dungeons and finally just gave up on them, then got pissed off because I needed a level 10 weapon to access a particular battle. That dungeon was easy, so I tried a few more and now they are rockin' easy. I apparently just needed to wait a few more levels.

Also I am taking the "try then reset" mechanic to heart; I think it's no coincidence that load times are short and "Quit" loads the title screen so fast...

Now there are a couple of things still bothering me:

The master/pupil dilemma
From what I understand, as a pupil grows, the master gets a piece of the level gains. I have this one green mage that I spawned some clerics, a red mage, and a blue mage from, and she kicks serious butt right now. However, the clerics are retarded weak as in they have nowhere near as much SP and progress really slowly. Does this have to do with the fact that they have no pupils? How the devil do I get pupils for a class that never really kills anything and thus has no mana? I was looking forward to transmigrating them but in about 10 hours of play they have about 7 mana so I don't know about that...

I'm going look up some of the other stuff I'm curious about in FAQs, I think they should be addressed there, but can anyone tell me if I should always have an infinite chain of pupils running? It seems silly.

mrz84
09-23-2007, 11:17 PM
No, you just need pupils for those you plan on using during battles. If you want to, then be my guest. Otherwise you are justing wasting somebody else's mana and XP. Just Level up the master and the pupils they have to get the benifits. :kitty: