PDA

View Full Version : SSB Online

Majora
09-22-2007, 10:15 AM
Anyone up for it? You need a specific Emulator and both participants must have the same ROM. I could NOT PM you the ROM, but the Emulator I can link you to, as they are legal.

This is a direct link to the ZIP file with the Emulator (http://pj64k.emulation64.com/files/Project64k_0_13.zip)

I need opponents!

Russ
09-22-2007, 11:38 AM
I'd love to play, but I can't find the dang game.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. So, how do I play you?

Majora
09-22-2007, 02:37 PM
In the emulator:

File -> Start Netplay

ShadowTiger
09-24-2007, 10:03 PM
Note of course that we're referring to the original Smash Bros for the N64.

Some Instructions once you acquire the ROM. (Once again, no link available. Look elsewhere.)

Use WinRar (Or equivalent) to unzip the .7z file, and extract Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].z64 from it. NO OTHER VERSION.

Set it up so it looks somewhat like this:
http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/images/Project64kRomListView.GIF
You do that by going here:
http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/images/Project64kRomListViewSettings.GIF

Note that once you've set it to that, ("Use last folder") etc. You may have to play the ROM, then restart project64k.

Then, configure your keyboard so you know which keys are what. Here's my standard configuration:

Analog Stick: The arrow keys.
Start: Enter
A: Right Shift
B: Right Ctrl
Z: Space bar
L: Period
R: Slash (To the right of the Period key.)
C-Up: Pageup
C-Down: End
C-Right: Pagedown
C-Left: Home

I usually play on the MasterGS.com server, since it's usually empty. That doesn't always work, so there's the Anti3D.com server. Empty in the mornings. If THAT doesn't work, there's always the failsafe Emularena Grounds {Unit X} server which seems to work for everyone, but the downside is that it's PACKED, and people will join in any game you make INSTANTLY. So join quickly! Stick with the Anti3D.com server though.

Note, of course, that there's lag on ALL Servers, so...

Darth Marsden
09-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Amazingly, I missed this thread first time round because I thought it was to do with Brawl. My bad!

I'll be using the same servers as ShadowTiger if anyone's game. Heh.

Majora
09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
You're on! Gimme about 30 minutes from the time of this post.

Darth Marsden
09-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Normally that'd be a little too late for me, but I've give you a go just this once.

EDIT: I'll meet you on MasterGS.com.

ShadowTiger
09-25-2007, 08:53 PM
Yeah, er, ... We should definitely coordinate our game times. :p If it's 9:00 PM in the Evening, (Hence the PM... ) what time is it where you are?

I'll likely be on Thursday and Friday Afternoon. Good for you sir? ^-^

Also, I've had the most success with the Anti3D.com server. Fewest people, and they haven't locked me out for some reason yet. (It's not a ban. It just won't connect.)

Majora
09-25-2007, 09:22 PM
If feasible, pin this topic plz. Even if only 3 people here will use this thread :p

Russ
09-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I would like to play, but I am experiancing some technical difficulties. The emulator crashes when a load the game. Anyone know of a solution?

Aegix Drakan
09-26-2007, 10:49 AM
*raises hand*

In the same boat as rassadwan.

*goes looking again*

{DSG}DarkRaven
09-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Is this playable over 56k? :(

Aegix Drakan
09-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Is this playable over 56k? :(

>_> You have a slow connection too? I feel your pain man, I feel your pain.

*waits about 3 minutes for the page to load*

...Dagnabbit...

Majora
09-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Care to try, both of you?

If feasible, tomorrow at 5 PM Central Time, anti3d.com

otherwise state your timezones (edit into your posts) and something will be arranged :)

ShadowTiger
09-26-2007, 11:27 PM
... ... Holy crap, we should totally tournament and team game this shyzz. A ST|Majora team would be completely unfair and stacked to the ceiling. I do, however, call the blue team. :-3

Russ
09-27-2007, 01:05 AM
Does anyone have a solution to my problem? It just crashes when I load the rom. Please, someone help. I really want to play.

Darth Marsden
09-27-2007, 07:10 AM
Are you using the default settings?

Aegix Drakan
09-27-2007, 09:43 AM
It appears to be problem with the rom itself.

I loaded a different SSB rom, and it loaded fine.

*goes to look for another working version of the rom that we need*

Dammit, I so want to play this online...

Russ
09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
I don't think it's the rom. Any rom I try to open with it crashes. The rom opens fine on a different emulator. And I am using default settings. I suspect my Windows Vista operating system is the cause of it. I just really want to play. Oh well. If it doesn't work, I'll just wait for smash bros. brawl to come out.

ShadowTiger
09-27-2007, 12:40 PM
Vista can probably do that, though I may have heard of people doing it on Vista. Check on #PureZC on irc.initialized.org to see if anyone's got it down. I'm on XP, and as such have no experience with running anything on Vista save for GBA emulators. (Visual Boy Advance seems to work, from previous experience from a friend's laptop.)

Please take a screenshot of your settings page? I.e. This (http://users.sephiroth.ws/ST/images/Project64kRomListViewSettings.GIF). Describe as much as possible in your options area. Could be the plugins you've got for your graphics. Could be a lot of things.