PDA

View Full Version : Big Link and dungeon carving?

Russ
09-22-2007, 02:02 AM
I am seeing people making quest where Link is bigger than 1 by 1. So how exactly do you make Link bigger.

Second, what exactly is dungeon carving.

Freedom
09-22-2007, 09:45 AM
go to sprites>link and click on one of the link tiles and press x

ShadowMancer
09-23-2007, 11:42 PM
Yeah big link rocks! Ever since I seen Freedom's screen shot and realized it is possible now I decided to trash my original quest idea and make it a hybrid sidescroller quest (I think a sidescroller with small link looks kind of silly, except in the case of zodic C-Dawg make it work) Now we just need some big enemies to go along with big link.

I also have no idea what dungon carveing is, but would like to know :p

Sorry for just rambleing on, just bored and can't use ZC until this virus scan is finished.....

Gleeok
09-24-2007, 12:08 AM
I decided to trash my original quest idea and make it a hybrid sidescroller quest

Uh-oh. Yet another case of what happens when you work too long on a quest without actually finishing much of it. I know how that goes. :shakeno:

Out of curiosity, are you planning on something Non-Zelda based? If so what'd you have in mind?

-Also Russdawn, I have no idea how Dungeon carving works either, haven't messed with it much. I think it has to do with how you arrange your combos on the combo page...not to sure about that though.

ShadowMancer
09-24-2007, 08:06 PM
Out of curiosity, are you planning on something Non-Zelda based? If so what'd you have in mind?
Yes actually, its still Guardian of Elphame but I am changeing the battle system to sideview. I wanna make a sort of RPG-Action game (I was already planning on doing this for the sequal but now that big link is possible now Im just going to make the whole series (yes I am planning a trilogy) like that) There is going to be alot of scripting involved custom battle system, custom invintory/subscreen system (Im going for a FF type inventory) And since the battle system is custom EVERY item must be custom as well (man I got a lot of work ahead of me :) ) The Basic storyline/theme of the game is:
Your main character is a young guardian (protector of fairy folk short story) named Lafara, an evil plot is brewing by a serect socity called 'the order of the black robe' a group of powerful dark wizards. Their plot is to kidnap the seven fairy queens thus removeing most of the power from the priestiess' of the world, with noone with enough magical power to stop them they will control the world [mahahaha!] Of course they did not count on the prophisied child with amazing natural magical power (that is Lafara of course) So Lafara must travel into the fairy world (elphame) and free the queens to restore balance to the world once again. Can this 16 year old girl defeat them most powerful dark wizards in the world?
So it will be an epic quest of FF porportions, you will travel on an overworld map until a random encounter when it switches to sideview for the battle scene, each of the seven temples will be top down to explore but all battles will be sideview. Gee can you tell I've played way too many RPG's in my life :D