PDA

View Full Version : My sounds got screwed up

the goomba guy
09-22-2007, 12:23 AM
I downloaded a quest that somehow has sounds to overwrite the old ones. For instance: the boss roar was replaced with a howling wolf, the shore sound was replaced with a strange bubbleing, and the sound it makes when someone shoots magic was replaced with a siering sound that makes you want to cut your ears off. anyway I delted the files for the overwriting sounds, didn't do any good. Deleted the quest, didn't fix a thing. Emptyed them from the recycle bin, and my sounds are still screwed up. Has anyone else had this problem, or know how to get back my old sounds?

Gleeok
09-22-2007, 12:44 AM
You are describing the sfx DAT file. did the quest by chance come with a seperate sfx file?

the goomba guy
09-22-2007, 12:48 AM
I did, yes. Should I delete it?

Gleeok
09-22-2007, 12:52 AM
Well what did you do with the old sfx file? If you don't have it anymore get a new one and overwrite the other. What're you using, 2.10.2?

the goomba guy
09-22-2007, 12:54 AM

Russ
09-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Let me guess. This was one of Freedom's quests wasn't it? The sfx files on all of them except Link to Tortuga were made with a version earlier than 2.10, and they will cause ZC 2.10 to crash if you use them. Doesn't anyone read that warning about the sfx file he included with the quest? You will have to replace the sfx file with the original 2.10 sfx file. If you overwrote it, which I am guessing you did, you will need to redownload ZC and get the sfx from there. Just make sure you back up the zc.sav file. That is the one that contains your progress. People, please read the warning about sfx files from now on so we can avoid problems like this one.:scared:

And by the way:

I downloaded a quest that somehow has sounds to overwrite the old ones
You were supposed to just rename the original file, so you could go back to the old sfs sounds.

the goomba guy
09-22-2007, 02:15 AM
I redownloaed ZC and now all his happyful:D anyway thanks.

Russ
09-22-2007, 02:35 AM
Your welcome. By the way, was it one of Freedom's quests? Almost everybody breaks ZC with his sfx files.

Gleeok
09-22-2007, 03:50 AM
Well Freedom DOES explain how to go aboot changing the sfx file in all of his links. You can't blame the guy for that. Although Castle Haunt 1 did have some kinda annoying sounding sfx...especially that one that laughs. I cringed every time I heard that. :p

biggiy05
09-22-2007, 01:46 PM
Moved to the ZC section.

Freedom
09-22-2007, 02:22 PM
I think the public school system has failed us, seems nobody can read anymore.
Not only are people warned every step of the way but I even have the "original" sfx files on my site for those people who can't read the warnings... but alas I forgot...
Since they can't read the warning to remove or rename their sfx.dat, they also can't read on the website where to get the original sfx.dat when they overwrite their own.

Maybe I should make the page intense reading before it allows you to find the quest so I can be sure that only those who CAN read download my quests, maybe that will solve the problem.

the goomba guy
09-22-2007, 05:25 PM
I didn't see anything that said what to do with the sfx file. Anyway yes, it was one of freedom's quest. Castle huant two. I still don't know how the hell he made that..:weirdo:

Freedom
09-22-2007, 06:28 PM
Where did you download it from?

elise
09-22-2007, 08:26 PM
There are more quests that you will run in 2.10 that have the bad sound , it was an allegro bug and the strange thing is you have it or you don't have it , you can play a level with perfect sound and play the same level again with the worse sound you can have , it's a random bug , there are even people who never have it ;)