PDA

View Full Version : Quest for Mrock Early release!!!

the goomba guy
09-21-2007, 03:49 PM
I sumbited my quest here and on pure ZC and OMG it won't be there for a few days so I'm relaseing it here. Story:

Long ago, in a galexy thats probaly this one.....Zelda was taking a walk through her beautyful kingdom of Hyrule.
The birds were chirping, the fish weren't spitting out fire balls, it was a wonderful morning.It seemed as though
nothing could go wrong. It was so peaceful that morning that Zelda didn't even notice that she had wondered into
a small abandon town. She looked in the shop, no one there. She looked in the Inn, no one there. She looked in the
houses, no one there. Sense in appeared to be a tarritory without an owner,Princess Zelda decided to take over
the small village as part of hyrule. And so, the buildings were fixed up, a mayor was elcted, and peopel moved in.
To celebrate the beggining of a new town, which the was named Mrcok, because there was alot of stone near by,
Link and princess Zelda decided to spend the night in the Mrock in. However, over night, something wen't terribly
wrong. There were suddonly, out of nowhere, loud bangs, loud crashes, terrible earthqueaks, almost as if an awful
storm was contantly sucking up the town and slaming it back on the ground over and over again. It was so terrible it
kocked out everyone in the town within seconds. Before Link passed out, he saw what looked like Gannon holding up
a black filthy triforce. The next morning, Link wakes up on a pile of gravel that used to be the Mrock in. But
nothing around him looks destroyed. t seem like a new town was built, and everyone was there the nihght before is
gone, and the town is now inhappited with Moblins! Link:"Hmmmm...there seems to ba an entrance to this big wall
over there. Maybe I can find ot what happened." And so, Link sets off on his next adventure. He wonders if he'll
need a triforce this time...
(copied from icluded readme)

Download and screenshots: http://home.earthlink.net/~sluggo4/id2.html
More screenshots:http://home.earthlink.net/~sluggo4/id3.html

the goomba guy
09-21-2007, 04:07 PM
Anyone?:poke:

Crackers
09-21-2007, 08:47 PM
Okay, first of all you have it as a text file so I thought that was your readme doc. It's nothing but a lot of symbols. There is no quest file. Your might want to look at it.

the goomba guy
09-21-2007, 11:41 PM
Huh. I downloaded the zip files I put up and the quest works fine. You could be using a different vershon. this quest was made for ZC 2.10. there is a .txt readme and a .qst file for the quest and everything works fine. I don't know what happened when you downloaded it.

ms_zelda_lady
09-21-2007, 11:53 PM
I downloaded it and it worked for me. In the zipped file there's a readme and the quest file that's in a separate folder in the same zip file. Just open up the folder and the quest file is there.
I did part of level 1, got the triforce but never found any item in there. Also did level 2 and 3. Got the white sword, bow, candle, whistle and magic boomerang. Overworld looks good but there's no way to know where to go next after you finish a dungeon.

Crackers
09-22-2007, 06:56 PM
[QUOTE=the goomba guy;1142771](copied from icluded readme)

Download and screenshots: http://home.earthlink.net/~sluggo4/id2.html
QUOTE]

I clicked on this link and then clicked on Quest_for_Mrock and alls I got was a txt file. I downloaded this in 210. So where is the quest? Am I clicking on the wrong thing? There are only 2 things there. One is a link to find out about ZC

the goomba guy
09-22-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm not sure why its not working for you, crackers. It works for Ms zelda lady, it works for someone I know who downloaded it, I can't imagin what can be wrong with it.... It will be on pure ZC this monday. It might work for you if you download it tere.

ms_zelda_lady
09-22-2007, 08:20 PM
Crackers, when you open the zipped file there are 2 things in it. One is a readme and the other is a folder named Quest For Mrock. Open the folder and the quest is in it

Crackers
09-23-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't get a zipped folder. The only thing that downloads is a text file. It says Quest_for_Mrock.txt and it is not in a folder. There is no folder that downloads. This is what it says when it is downloading. Quest for Mrock.txtfrom home.earthlink.net. I tried again and just get jumbled symbols. It should be qst not txt.

erm2003
09-23-2007, 02:46 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~sluggo4/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/Quest_for_Mrock

That is the link found on the first page for the zip file. It's right there.

Crackers
09-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I don't know what the problem is. When I use your link I still get the same txt file. I'm asked if I want to open save or cancel. Then it asks what kind of file I want to save it as. a text file or all files. This is very strange. How come I'm the only one having problems with this? I get no quest folder or file. Wish I could show you screen shots of what I'm getting. If it ever gets in pure I'll try again then.

the goomba guy
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, I'm very confused with your problem, Crackers. Try changing the quest for Mrock.txt file into a .qst file. Thats the only thing I can think of. This must be driving you crazy :scared: (lol, random opertonity to use this:scared:)

erm2003
09-24-2007, 04:35 PM
Crackers, the link is not really a direct link to the file. goomba guy, can you find the direct link to the file and post it? It should end with filename.zip so that people can easily download it by clicking the link itself. Depending on Crackers' settings, he can't get the file without the direct link.

Also, once you find the direct link you should resubmit it to the QDB with that link if you have not done so already. We can't upload it with the link you supplied to us. The links for the quest files and the screen shots must point directly to the files or they will not work.

cyberkitten
09-24-2007, 09:50 PM
i'm having the same problem crackers is. it says it's a file type: application/octet-stream, not a .zip file and when i save it to my computer, it opens as a .txt file. i've got winzip on my machine, and zip files associated with it, so i don't know why it's a problem.
when i mouse-over the link, it shows me this:
http://home.earthlink.net/~sluggo4/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/Quest_For_Mrock
there is no file extension listed.

the goomba guy
09-26-2007, 04:27 PM
The goomba guy has a solution! Alls you have to do is.....get it somewhere else! :laughing: http://www.purezc.com/index.php?page=quests&id=210 :tongue: