PDA

View Full Version : So, PC Games...

Yoshiman
09-21-2007, 03:36 PM
Time for you people to recommend me some games again! This time, I'm looking at some games for the PC, as I now have a PC that can actually run a game that isn't more than 7 years old. What I'm looking for are some FPS games and maybe some RTS. As of now, I have my sights set on Half-Life 2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., and maybe throw in The Sims 2 for a lazy afternoon-type game.

What I wouldn't be looking at would be games that I could get on a console system (save for HL2), since I own a 360.

biggiy05
09-21-2007, 03:49 PM
F.E.A.R. and the expansion. Bioshock, Rainbow Six: Vegas, Gears of War is coming to the PC in a month or two. Quake Wars: Enemy Territory. Halo and Halo 2. That's all I can think of right now.

Prrkitty
09-21-2007, 04:13 PM
Age of Empires III (I just ordered the expansion pack from amazon.com last week). :) And yes it does run under Vista.

I also recently installed Caesar IV and Sid Meier's Civilization 4 w/Warlords. I've read that SMC4 has issues with Vista ... and yet running the game and installing Warlords solves some of the problems. I get issues if I try to run just SMC4. But when I load Warlords ... it runs fine. (go figure)

Dark Knight
09-21-2007, 04:28 PM
I would have suggested F.E.A.R. and it's expansion...but it was already suggested. Empire Earth II and it's expansion are good for simple RTS fun(less micromanagement). Quake 4 and Doom 3 are pretty good. I havent' played Quake Wars: Enemy Territory but I've heard good things about it. Sim City 4 and the expansion are pretty fun as well.

Brasel
09-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Quake 4 was really good and I don't usually like FPS. Thats a bit old and its on 360, but I hear it runs like crap on the XBox. I recommend it if you don't already have it.