PDA

View Full Version : Alphadogs tutorial

wl_sprague
09-20-2007, 03:34 PM
I am an absolute newbie at this, so any help I can get on how to even understand the quest editor is appreciated. My main problem now is that I followed the link to the tutorial by Alphadog and there is no tutorial to be had. So at this moment, I'm still just a lost little player, and not a quest developer.

Sad.

Joe123
09-20-2007, 05:43 PM
It's now hosted by erm2003 at http://www.ermock.com/zctutorial/

Freedom
09-20-2007, 06:13 PM
What's wrong with the one in the sticky at the top of this forum?
Somebody just too lazy to look?

erm2003
09-20-2007, 07:46 PM
What's wrong with the one in the sticky at the top of this forum?
Somebody just too lazy to look?

Or we just have a lot of newbies who don't know how to use zip files or just have issues with them. That's why I hosted it. It's easier for people to view it instead of downloading it.

EDIT: Freedom, would it work better if the link to the live tutorial was also in your first post of the stickied thread to give the option of downloading or viewing it online? It will probably avoid the "I can't get it to work" threads.

Freedom
09-20-2007, 08:48 PM
Nothing will help if they won't take the time to look at what's posted already. ;)
I'll add it there if you want. ;)

wl_sprague
09-21-2007, 03:21 PM
Thanks ermock. I actually read some more last night and found your tutorial. Already went through the first lesson. Although your tutorial is a bit out of date with the version I'm using (i.e. only two pages of rules), the updates to ZQ aren't so drastic that it wasn't helpful. It worked well. I'm looking forward to actually building my own quests soon.

As far as the newbie issue, this is the first forum I've ever dealt with, and it took this game to get me to even try this out. The layout of the forum is a bit strange, that's all. It takes some getting use to for some of us. I'm sure I just missed a link to the zip file or something. I, personally, would rather have the zip file on my own computer instead of going back and forth between the editor and the browser and then the game just to see if it worked. That was an interesting experience. But it was all good.:)

Good job.:D

erm2003
09-21-2007, 05:40 PM
Well I am glad you found it helpful but I really can't take the credit. Alphadawg was the one who wrote the tutorial back for one of the earlier versions of ZC. He used to have it hosted on his own site. He has been gone for a while though and in that time the site went down. I am just hosting it so people can use it easier.

Have fun.