PDA

View Full Version : Goin' Stir-Crazy

rock_nog
09-20-2007, 09:08 AM
Well, not too long ago, I decided on a whim to move all the way across the country back to my hometown of McAllen, Texas. Only problem is, I have no job, I'm stuck at home, and not many of my old high school friends are around. Now, I'm working on fixing the first two problems. I should be getting an apartment in the next couple of weeks, and then I can find a job (I'm not entirely sure where I'll end up living, so I don't want to end up with a job across town from wherever I might be living). Until then, though, I'm going absolutely crazy because I'm stuck at home with no money and nothing to do. At least, I can't think of anything...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had suggestions for getting out of the house. I really need something to do, and potentially have the opportunity to meet people. Seriously, it's gotten so bad that I've begun translating the old testament from Hebrew just for fun.

The_Amaster
09-20-2007, 07:54 PM
Actually, I'm selling coupon books for school. They have thousands of coupons for everything you can imagine, and their regional, so I'm sure I could get one for your area. Food, recreation, you name it. And you'll easily make tenfold to twentyfold back on your investment of 35 bucks. Great way to meet girls.:D

Maybe you should just find your closest DDR machine, play constantly till you get really good, and then continue to play constantly while people slow and stop around you, watching with dropped jaws as you regal them with your presence.

Lilith
09-20-2007, 10:03 PM
wikipedia.