PDA

View Full Version : The ultimate lawsuit.

Aegix Drakan
09-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Well, Considering all the religious debates going on at the moment, I thought this might be an interesting thing to post:

Aparently, someone is trying to sue God.

Yes that's right.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/afp/20070919/tod-us-justice-religion-offbeat-f62056d_1.html

----

Honestly, I don't see how this is gonna work out.

:P Hey Beldaran. That wouldn't happen to be YOU who filed the lawsuit, would it?

phattonez
09-19-2007, 03:40 PM
That assumes that God causes all the natural disasters to happen. Even Christians have moved past that idea long ago.

Archibaldo
09-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Oh man, the Aethiests are gonna have a field day with this.

The_Amaster
09-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Ummmm....how do you sue someone you can't contact or talk with in any way? And how on Earth would you make him stop, or enforce it?

EDIT:
Neither God nor his/her spokespersons could be contacted for comment.
ROTFLMAO

AtmaWeapon
09-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Oh man, the Aethiests are gonna have a field day with this.No, we disproved the existence of the luminiferous aether a long time ago so they don't really have a case.

Masamune
09-19-2007, 09:01 PM
:P Hey Beldaran. That wouldn't happen to be YOU who filed the lawsuit, would it?

I don't think Beldaran believes in god, Aegix.

Pineconn
09-19-2007, 10:09 PM
I thought this man was clinically insane until I read his reason for filling the suit, and I now regard him highly. It's not like he thinks he's going to gain himself some cash. ;)

AtmaWeapon
09-19-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought this man was clinically insane until I read his reason for filling the suit, and I now regard him highly. It's not like he thinks he's going to gain himself some cash. ;)What is honorable about it? He's upset about something that happened in another court case so he decides to tie up the legal system with a lawsuit that won't ever make it to court? There's probably better ways to protest honestly.

Beldaran
09-19-2007, 11:04 PM
In other news, the US Mint will be unveiling the new national coinage, emblazoned with the phrase, "Against God We Litigate".

AtmaWeapon
09-19-2007, 11:50 PM
In other news, the US Mint will be unveiling the new national coinage, emblazoned with the phrase, "Against God We Litigate".Ahahaha I would actually stand behind this because I'd probably laugh every time I saw it for at least a month or two...