PDA

View Full Version : Baggy pants crackdown goes national

Prrkitty
09-17-2007, 05:37 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/09/17/baggy.pants.ap/index.html

Quote: Proposals to ban saggy pants are starting to ride up in several places. At the extreme end, wearing pants low enough to show boxers or bare buttocks in one small Louisiana town means six months in jail and a $500 fine.

A crackdown also is being pushed in Atlanta, Georgia. And in Trenton, New Jersey, getting caught with your pants down may soon result in not only a fine, but a city worker assessing where your life is headed.

"Are they employed? Do they have a high school diploma? It's a wonderful way to redirect at that point," said Trenton Councilwoman Annette Lartigue, who is drafting a law to outlaw saggy pants. "The message is clear: We don't want to see your backside."

--

I'm not sure how I feel about this issue. On the one hand I don't think there should be a "fashion police" issue. BUT on the other hand I also agree that the baggy pants issue is a problem.

Whenever I see someone wearing their pants down below their butt crack I ALWAYS want to go give them a wedgie and pull their pants up to where they should be (and higher). <lol>.

Rainman
09-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Normally I'd get all angry libertarian on this issue, but I've just got to laugh at old people making such a big deal about a stupid fashion.

Meanwhile in Vermont they are considering whether to ban nudity.

Dechipher
09-17-2007, 06:16 PM
*laughs at the irony of the word "crackdown"*

AtmaWeapon
09-18-2007, 12:05 AM
The appropriate way to approach this issue is to pass a decency act that rigidly defines that a person's waistband may not be located a specific number of inches below the waistband of their underwear. For the jokers who will look for a loophole by not wearing underwear, you define that the buttcrack must not be showing.

Then you tie up your policemen writing tickets for this when they could be doing something useful like posing as underage children soliciting sex on the internet.

Aegix Drakan
09-18-2007, 12:14 PM
*laughs at the irony of the word "crackdown"*

:rofl:

I don't like seeing random people's buttcracks either, but come on! illegal?

As atma said, this is just bogging down the police force.

rock_nog
09-18-2007, 12:35 PM
So wait... We're implementing real, honest-to-God fashion police? Holy crap.

This whole issue makes me want to bash my head into a wall repeatedly. The fashion is idiotic, the laws are idiotic... Whoever wins, we lose. Meanwhile, I think I'm gonna move to Vermont before they make up their minds.

phattonez
09-18-2007, 01:29 PM
If it shows off boxers, I don't like it, but it shouldn't be illegal.

If it shows off crack, I don't like it, and it should be illegal. If girls can't walk around topless then guys can't walk around bare-ass.