PDA

View Full Version : Subscreen

Joe123
09-17-2007, 01:11 PM
How should I set up the mini-tiles for my heart peices, with a custom passive subscreen and quarter hearts rule checked?

And can I have overlayed text? there doesn't seem to be an option for it, and setting the background colour to transparent doesn't seem to work either...

GamerMan
10-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Well I am not to clear on what you mean?

If you are using 2.11 and you wan't a screen that
already has that set up,and if you wan't a bigger item list then
Pick the subscreen with three rows of item's then just edit that
stuff in, it's not that hard.

If you mean a diffrent way then explain
a bit more detail on how exactly
you wan't it edited and such.

The_Amaster
10-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Not sure what to do for quarter hearts, but if you have an already existing passive-subscreen, it should have a health bar. You can check that for it's object type.

As for transparent text, I'm assuming you mean the background is transparent. That may in fact be a bug, because I've noticed it with custom triforce objects as well.

Master Maniac
10-03-2007, 11:36 PM
i think he is wondering how to layout the minitiles for a 1/4 bar when he draws them... if he isnt, can you explain how anyway? i really need to know...

Gleeok
10-04-2007, 12:04 AM
How should I set up the mini-tiles for my heart peices, with a custom passive subscreen and quarter hearts rule checked?

And can I have overlayed text? there doesn't seem to be an option for it, and setting the background colour to transparent doesn't seem to work either...

I know the answer to this one...*goes to check*

OK, in the SS passive; I have 40 life peices.

In the container box, they are labeled 1-40...(duh), and i've got mod checked in all 4 boxes.

Not last/last are set up normal like. and cap/after cap is what appears when link has those HC, but does not have those current hearts.

There is an extra step however for 1/4 hearts, but i've forgotten it. But it's easy to debug:

Just start the quest in zc, and you'll notice that when Link has a 1/4 heart the graphic is all fucked up. Now just go back to ZQ and change that bit (or any other) of 1/4 tile to 1/4 heart graphic.

I ended up debugging as follows:

(row of tiles): X X X X X X -each in different colors. Unnecesarry, but there's NO DOCUMENTATION!

Joe123
10-04-2007, 03:05 AM
ah, I got this problem soted ages ago Gleeok...

I was having trouble with the hearts because the tile was drawn slightly wrong for some reason, so I messed it around a bit and now it's fine. And I worked out the quarter hearts myself also, there's a thread at Pure where I'm telling someone else how to do it ¬_¬

Thanks anyway though :P

EDIT: oh, sorry Gleeok, didn't mean to take that out on you, I didn't read when all the posts were. If someone's left a thread in help for 2 weeks, its probably likely they have it fixed really, Gamerman.

Gleeok
10-04-2007, 03:22 AM
Huh..I must have missed it when you first posted. This is the first time I saw it is all...And I totally forgot exactally which tile the 1/4 heart was on.

Was it the second tile from last/not last box...or the third?

Joe123
10-04-2007, 04:05 AM
B R
3 1

^ Tile 1. B- Blank Heat, R- Rupee, 3-3/4 Heart, 1-1/4 Heart.

And you can set it how you like with the Misc: Quarter Hearts Weapons/Misc. sprite.