PDA

View Full Version : POTENTIAL FORUM DOWNTIME -read me now, plz

cyberkitten
09-16-2007, 05:35 PM
the domain page for shattered earth is down, as is zeldaclassic.com. at this point, the assumption is that it's related to some server maintenance going on at the host. since all three domains are hosted at the same place, i'm assuming we may have issues with armageddongames.net.
at this moment, the SQL database for the mail server has crashed, according to a message i just got when i tried to send mail, so we may have some brief downtime.
we don't expect it to last long, but be aware that it IS possible and is looking rather likely at the some point today.

Prrkitty
09-16-2007, 06:07 PM
Noted and will keep in mind

Gerudo
09-16-2007, 07:55 PM
there was forum downtime early this morning (the 16th). i went to all 3 sites and got an apache/cpanel page around... between 3am and 5am i think.

ZTC
09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Noticed this at Pure and see that the other two sites are still down. Here's to hoping that they come back quickly.

AlexMax
09-17-2007, 04:05 PM
The database has been shitting itself periodically throughout the day. I'm assuming the maintenance is related?

DarkDragon
09-17-2007, 07:05 PM
I have no idea what's going on, though I suspect a problem with AGN's host's DNS server: zeldaclassic.com is still accessible via www.armageddongames.net/zeldaclassic/.

phattonez
09-18-2007, 01:32 PM
This might not be related, but whenever I post, it's posting twice. I know this because I keep getting that error message that I can only post once every 60 seconds.

Pineconn
09-18-2007, 06:17 PM
I've gotten that too. I don't think that happens to me every time I post, but often.

EDIT: Okay, yeah, it happened to me this time...

The_Amaster
09-18-2007, 06:35 PM
Yeah, it's because after you send a message, if you get a database error page the message has still been posted, but you don't see it because, well, you got a database error page. So when you refresh, it sends the post again.

cyberkitten
09-18-2007, 06:47 PM
we're aware of the duplicate post problem and for the moment our band-aid fix is to just delete the extra post. it's a server-side problem so there doesn't seem to be much we can do.

SpykStorm
09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Umm....Speaking of databases...when I followed the link DarkDragon posted the ZC.com database worked.

erm2003
09-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Umm....Speaking of databases...when I followed the link DarkDragon posted the ZC.com database worked.

Wow! It really does! Screen shots aren't there for the one I am viewing, but the download link works.

DarkDragon
09-18-2007, 10:06 PM
I've been working on fixing it... I've corrected obvious errors on a few pages but haven't given it rigorous testing. Let me know if you find problems, though I can't do anything about them right now due to the host issues.

SpykStorm
09-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Screen shots aren't there for the one I am viewing, but the download link works.

All the screen shots are like that unfortunately.-

Thank you ,DarkDragon,for making it work again!

Nicholas Steel
09-19-2007, 06:10 AM
omg, the zelda classic database works to some greater extent? oO amazing.

since it appears to be a DNS issue, what is the link to shattered earth? or am i just er not reading right?

Trevelyan_06
09-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I noticed that earlier today the site was first slow and then didn't load at all for a while. Taking this into consideration I have raised an army of Chinese children. When the AGN server goes down, these kids will physically carry the packets of data from the server to the members computer.

Pineconn
09-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I've been receiving an occasional "Database Error" when I try to access AGN or when I post. I've been getting this message only an hour ago until now.

I can't find any problems with ZC.com, but a few things should be changed. All I can think of is the copyright date at the bottom, the Contact Us page, the What is ZC? page (since it doesn't even mention 2.10), the Tutorials page, and the History page (since it ends with 1.93). I really hate to add to your to-do list if you weren't aware of any of those things that I think should be fixed. Don't think I'm being demanding, because I greatly appreciate your work already.

SpykStorm
09-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Isn't there that sidebar not updating bug also?