PDA

View Full Version : GetCurDMapScreen() and GetCurMapScreen()

Praethus
09-15-2007, 11:12 PM
How is the return value of these two functions calculated considering screen numbers in ZC are in hexadecimal?

ShadowMancer
09-16-2007, 09:57 AM
From my understanding you should be able to use hex or dec interchangably in ZScript as DD put it

You're under no obligation to use hex, warping to screen 0x10 is the same as warping to screen 16.

Script warps work the same as ordinary, eg side or tile, warps. You give the dmap and a screen offset from the start of that dmap. You can't leave the 8x8 curtain because the dmap only encompasses 64 screens.

DarkDragon
09-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Right. Whether a number is hex or decimal is determined by what notation you use; it's not inherent to the function. If you want to use hex (which might be more natural for screens since they're labeled that way in the editor) just prefix your numbers with 0x, like in C.

Praethus
09-16-2007, 11:56 AM
Can you use Hex notation in the Argument fields of a FFC? I have a script that warps a player, and it uses d0 and d1 of the FFC to determine Dmap and Screen number, so the script can be usable without hardcoding the destination.

DarkDragon
09-16-2007, 11:59 AM
No, I think those must be decimal.