PDA

View Full Version : Tile and Side warp issue.

Plissken
09-15-2007, 11:09 PM
First noticed this in 564 but I see it still persists in 584. Whenever you select the warp return you want a warp to use both side and tile warps go to that selection. I don't see why this would be made like that so I'm guessing it's a bug.

So if you wanted a side warp in a screen to go to the B warp return and you set that up right but then make a tile warp on the same screen that you want it to use the A warp return the side warp you first made will change automatically to the A warp return.

EDIT: Ah, haven't reported a bug in so long I forgot the little bug icon, sorry about that.

Freedom
09-15-2007, 11:51 PM
Doesn't the side warp go to the green square?
added your icon. ;)

Plissken
09-16-2007, 12:01 AM
Apparently not, I just checked and the side warp still went to the warp return and not the green square.

CastChaos
09-22-2007, 07:05 AM
Confirmed in b584.

The same lettered side and tile warps always use the same return points. If you make a tile warp A with warp return A and then a side warp A with warp return B, then the tile warp A turns into B, too. However, tile warp A and side warp B can have different return points. Tile warp C and side warp D can use different warp returns, too. Etc.

Similarly as in 2.10, the side and tile warp leads to the same place (the only blue square). In b584, this should have been made so that tile and side warps can lead to different points.

And no, Freedom, the green square is only for continuing. Even the "entrance/exit" uses the blue squares. I learned it the hard way.

Freedom
09-30-2007, 02:15 AM
This isn't working with entrance/exit warps either, it goes only to warp return A and ignores it when you select warp return B, however they do seem to be working with insta warps as you would expect them to.