PDA

View Full Version : PM me your nominations!

ShadowTiger
09-12-2007, 06:13 PM
DO NOT SEND ME NOMINATIONS ANYMORE.
Nominations are officially over. Voting will commence shortly.

(Please read until the end. There's a template that'll make things much easier for me to read, and for you to organize.)

I'm not sure when voting will end, but it'll most likely be some time on Monday evening, I suppose. Until then:

Studmuffin Award: Sexiest Male
What Did You Say?? Award: Least Understood
LUBU Award: Most Caring/Loving
Genius Award: Smartest Member
Bancake Award: Most Notorious Banned Member
Convict Award: Most Likely to End Up In Prison
Billionaire Award: Most Likely to Become Rich or
Famous
ROTFLMFAO Award: Funniest Member
Secksay Lady Award: Sexiest Female
All Star Award: Most Popular
Welcome to our Forums Award: Best Newbie
Yes Sir/Yes Ma'am Award: Most Respected
Thought-Provoking Award: Most Interesting Posts
Most Humble
Best Signature
Best Avatar
Most likely to post on AGN when he's 75
Most lifeless (the person who spends the most time at
AGN)
'I'm Not Reading That' Award: Longest posts
Faceless Award: Changes his/her avatar the most
Lincoln v. Douglas Award: Debates the most
Shigeru Miyamoto Award: Best Zelda Classic quest maker
Biggest Drunk
Best/Worst Username

Okay, here's how it'll work. From the list above (In this very post...) PM me with ONE NAME for every category there. If you can't think of someone for that category, I guess you can just leave it blank; It actually wouldn't matter in the end, as someone else will have a name for it, most likely. If not, I'll pick someone. :p

A few submission guidelines I'd like to mention:

Before it becomes an epidemic, it's best to include the straight username when you mention someone's name. I.e:
Yourself Tiger to the Shadow You Look in a mirror ... are all not the preferred way to be reading through these rapidly. :p Just say ShadowTiger and I'll be grateful.
The Title of the PM is best stated as: 2007 Superlative Nominations. To see any number of different tiles will get them somewhat confused from non-nomination PM's I may get (Quite possible and probable) and I'd MUCH rather not delete a PM that contains nominations. PM boxes are only so big after all. (Though rest assured, I have plenty of room at the moment, thanks.))

Okay, Start PM'ing me your nominations. Good luck. :)

-----------------------------------------

Use the following template. It'll make things much easier on me to read; I thank you very much.

Famous

Yes Sir/Yes Maam Award: Most Respected

Most Humble

Best Signature

Best Avatar

Most likely to post on AGN when hes 75

AGN)

Im Not Reading That Award: Longest posts

Biggest Drunk

Best/Worst Username

Beldaran
09-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Shit, sorry. Meant to PM it.

ShadowTiger
09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
Eh, big deal. :p I can always PM myself the nominations if anyone forgets. The system ain't perfect, and you've no excuse to call yourself an idiot.

Pineconn
09-12-2007, 07:29 PM
I posted my nominations. And choosing them were not easy, like Best Newbie, considering we don't really have any new members that stick around. But I did it, and I'm alive.

ShadowTiger
09-12-2007, 07:38 PM
Yeah, I know, I actually had to go to the ZC Bug forums for that one. :shrug:

I just sent in my own nominations. I was surprised how few people I could think of for some of them.

phattonez
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
Maybe it's just me, but that code isn't working right for me, and I end up having too many characters. Sorry if it's hard to read, but I had to cut some stuff out.

The_Amaster
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
yeah, same problem as Phattonez. Says I have like, 200 too many characters, so I can't solve it with just a bit of trimming either.

ShadowTiger
09-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Did you do a ctrl+a? It's a bit picky abou the highlighting. :-/

The_Amaster
09-13-2007, 05:17 PM
Not sure what ctrl+A does. Just selects everything.

ShadowTiger
09-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Exactly. :p It'll go outside the bounds of the php box. For some reason, even code boxes place all the content within it in terms of the BB tags used. :shrug: So I had to use a php box. It was either that, or put ][/b] inside all the tags that you saw there. That would be a LOT Of characters. >.<

Prrkitty
09-13-2007, 07:54 PM
ok tags copied ... used ... and PM'ed with nominations...
<hug>

Pineconn
09-13-2007, 08:06 PM
I didn't have any problems with PMing with the template, by the way. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for everyone else. :shrug:

bigjoe
09-13-2007, 08:35 PM
Nominations sent!

*Tries to high five ShadowTiger but misses. Starts rolling down a hill*

mrz84
09-14-2007, 12:32 AM
Data sent! :kitty:

Gleeok
09-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Alright, I managed to send it, even though you took out alot of the categories that I had good answers to. But, whatever...it's good as is.

The_Amaster
09-15-2007, 10:37 AM
Sorry, but I still can't seem to send it off. How is everyone else getting it under 10000 characters?

phattonez
09-15-2007, 10:43 AM
Just eliminate categories, but if you want to keep all the categories, then eliminate the codes around everything. It's not like they're really necessary anyway, it makes it easier, which is nice, but get rid of it if you have to.

ShadowTiger
09-15-2007, 11:40 AM
If you're having trouble with these, try using a different browser. I suppose it's entirely possible for some browsers to copy/paste the implied/implicit color codes that it uses along with the text. I'm on Firefox 2.0.0.6. Seems to work well enough.

Otherwise, just quote ( http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/images/styles/classicblack/buttons/quote.gif )this post to get the BB Tags. Copy/Paste that, and you'll be fine. Resend if you want, but resend with the message "Resend: 2007 Nominations" so I know to delete your previous nominations.

Famous

Yes Sir/Yes Maam Award: Most Respected

Most Humble

Best Signature

Best Avatar

Most likely to post on AGN when hes 75

AGN)

Im Not Reading That Award: Longest posts

Biggest Drunk

Best/Worst Username

Petoe
09-15-2007, 02:26 PM
I sent my nominations, and without any problems. ;)

ShadowTiger
09-16-2007, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all your nominations, guys. :) I figure we should start to wrap this up. What do you say we start voting on the final polls on Monday or Wednesday night?

Pineconn
09-16-2007, 11:26 AM
No reason in rushing, so perhaps Wednesday. But you should set a definite end date so people have plenty of warning and you don't cut it off suddenly.

phattonez
09-16-2007, 01:18 PM
I think that we've had enough time for nominations. Let's get the polls up by tonight and then finish the voting by Wednesday night or if you want to include as many people as possible then give it a full week.

ShadowTiger
09-16-2007, 08:41 PM
We can wait. We have nothing to lose by waiting between one and two weeks, I would imagine. It can only help, in that fewer people would be closed off from voting or sending in their nominations.

The reason I wanted Monday or Wednesday night, would be that I have the most time in the evenings to set up the polls. So yes, it's a "selfish" reason, if it can be considered as such, but it works. What about you guys, Archibaldo and Prr? Works for you? How's Monday night? Better yet, Wednesday night?

moocow
09-17-2007, 07:36 AM
I've started to do this twice, and was unable to finish because of Bladen... I'm trying to find time to do it, but it's difficult. Sorry :(

Matteo
09-17-2007, 01:29 PM
I've started to do this twice, and was unable to finish because of Bladen... I'm trying to find time to do it, but it's difficult. Sorry :(

Unacceptable

;)

Archibaldo
09-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Monday and/or Wednesday night are good for me.

ShadowTiger
09-19-2007, 08:32 AM
Okay, I think it's just about time that we wrap this up, and start counting up the nominations.

Thing is, I'm likely to be getting some surgery around midday, (Everything is fine, thanks...) so I'm just not 100&#37; sure of what my day is going to be like.

Either way though, I -should- be home in the evening to get things in order. Actually, since I'll either have that six hour timeslot before class at school free, or I'll be recovering at home, there's little stopping me, I hope.

phattonez
09-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Let's hope, and good luck with the recovery. So how long will the vote last?

ShadowTiger
09-19-2007, 05:41 PM
Thanks. ^^. I ended up not having it anyway today. We're waiting (For some reason.) until Columbus day. (AKA "Random Medical Procedure" Day. By Me.)

I suppose voting could last as long as we want. There's really no rush, I suppose, but that's up to you guys. I could immediately recommend a good, solid week for voting.

Also, 18 people (Including myself) sent me a PM with nominations. Is 18 a good number? I actually don't really care. It's not the voting session, as all it is is listing names to put in the polls. So yeah, we can actually start getting the threads started. I guess I can start writing up the names for each category now and pass 'em to Prr and Archibaldo.

"BRB" I guess. :p

,.... ... UGH/CRAP and so forth... PM's are broken at the moment! Reading them isn't the problem; It's sending them.

It's 7:08 PM Wednesday evening, and I've assembled and collapsed all the nominations into their categories. All we have to do now is start the threads. Waiting to be able to PM Prr and Archibaldo.

phattonez
09-19-2007, 07:36 PM
Maybe we shouldn't even hold the vote until the forum problems are fixed. Right now it's way too hard to even load a page let alone vote for all these categories.

Matteo
09-19-2007, 11:39 PM
I say make the voting a full 2 weeks. That will give a wider variety of forum members a chance to check-in and post.

DarkDragon
09-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Try again; WL should have fixed the problem a few minutes ago.

phattonez
09-20-2007, 06:19 PM
We're still having forum downtime, so when are you planning on doing this ST?

ShadowTiger
09-21-2007, 06:04 PM
We're planning it for just after Sunday, apparently.

The PMs got through. Thanks. :)

DarkDragon
09-24-2007, 10:48 PM
So... what's the word on the voting?

ShadowTiger
09-25-2007, 06:57 AM
Haven't heard from either. Wednesday evening is definitely good for me; dunno if Prr's situation has cleared up yet.

Archibaldo
09-25-2007, 10:01 AM
I'm good for it. I'm just waiting for the word from Prr and ST.

Prrkitty
09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm ok now as well. Paul's parents arrive on Friday. So if we could make the posts sometime today/tonight/tomorrow... would be good for me.

Shadowbabe... make the division and send to Archibaldo and myself the parts you want us to post and we'll get this going :)

ShadowTiger
09-26-2007, 10:18 AM
Well, it looks like I had two or so spare hours to my day. I managed to interrupt myself from IRC long enough to get 'em done. I hope I didn't mess them up too badly. I'm surprised nobody volunteered an image on their own. You can still send me the image that you want to appear in the sexiest <gender> categories, or you can leave yourself blank and leave yourself a mystery for all the internet to wonder about. Either would work just fine. :p

So start voting! Voting will probably end after one or two weeks.

Gleeok
09-27-2007, 12:43 AM
How about next time we add a most trophies in the arcade superlative? :D
I might actually win that one.

DarkDragon
09-27-2007, 01:15 AM
That already has an award... "most lifeless" :)

The_Amaster
09-27-2007, 10:32 PM
*looks around*

Well, we definitely seem to be getting some of the desired activity. 146 posts in two days isn't bad.

Gleeok
09-27-2007, 10:57 PM
*looks around*

Well, we definitely seem to be getting some of the desired activity. 146 posts in two days isn't bad.

Yeah, also once 2.5 is finished and public I don't think activity will be a problem. We've got a working QDB, an arcade, increase in staff, and lots of nonsense to post in ZC and in general.
btw- Where do you view recent post counts?

That already has an award... "most lifeless"
Well it should've been made official then. :lol:

Pineconn
10-09-2007, 07:15 PM
So...... are we going to be wrapping these up soon?

ShadowTiger
10-09-2007, 07:22 PM
I really wanted to do that a few days ago. I just want to make sure nobody has the chance to say "But I didn't have a chance to vote!"

What do you say; Wednesday night, I announce the winner of each thread, then we close shop?

Pineconn
10-09-2007, 07:25 PM
That sounds good to me. Time to go out of business! (Y'know, just to continue with the 'close up shop' metaphor...)

The_Amaster
10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
I say we have a "2 votes for the price of one" liquidation sale. :kawaii:

Hmmm, on second thought, while that continues the metaphor, it is in fact a very bad idea.

phattonez
10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
We can't close yet, I'm not in the lead in any categories.

Prrkitty
10-09-2007, 09:57 PM
Shadowbabe... sounds good to me... :)