PDA

View Full Version : Teen kills parents because he ... let them down.

Prrkitty
09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
http://www.wpbf.com/news/14097569/detail.html

Quote: Police documents said a Fort Pierce teenager told detectives he killed his parents because he didn't want to disappoint them anymore.

According to documents released Tuesday, Jacob Brighton, 16, said he shot and killed his parents last month because he always felt like a disappointment to them, he did not have a job when his parents wanted him to, smoked marijuana and did not share the same "qualities or interests" as his father.

-----
OH puhhlleeasee!! I'm just speechless and not exactly sure what to say.

Aegix Drakan
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
0_o Wtf?

How does this kid's logic make any sense? He thought is he'd kill his parents they wouldn't be dissapointed in him anymore?

Well...maybe...they won't, but that's just not the right way to go about things.

Just how high was this kid when he came up with this idea?

Trevelyan_06
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Not that it's a justification, but if the kid really did experience trauma that would "shock" the general public like his lawyer said it would explain why he did this. If the parents really were abusive in the way that they said they were disappointed in him than this would be an outcome that would result from a possible mental disorder the abuse gave him.

Breaker
09-12-2007, 04:12 PM
I've felt the same way about my parents. Then I realized how much of a disappointment they were to me, and went on with my life.

phattonez
09-12-2007, 05:03 PM
No job and smokes pot, sounds like a disappointment to anyone.

Masamune
09-12-2007, 05:30 PM
No job and smokes pot, sounds like a disappointment to anyone.

Dude :(

The_Amaster
09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
(I swear, Prry needs her own sub-forum, "News Articles" or something.)

Not that it's a justification, but if the kid really did experience trauma that would "shock" the general public like his lawyer said it would explain why he did this

..and I guarentee you that that's how they'll spin it, true or not. Sounds like a messed up kid. It's just like the school shootings, only applied to home.

DarkDragoonX
09-12-2007, 08:54 PM
Huh... now there's a fucked-up level of pathetic that you very seldom see.

biggiy05
09-12-2007, 09:04 PM
(I swear, Prry needs her own sub-forum, "News Articles" or something.)

..and I guarentee you that that's how they'll spin it, true or not. Sounds like a messed up kid. It's just like the school shootings, only applied to home.

Not a bad idea but then we wouldn't have any traffic in GD.;)

I think people assume too much with cases like these. Everyone assumes the person is trying to plea insanity to avoid jail time and get off easier. I've never been in a mental institution so I can't say if it's any worse or better but I'd imagine if someone like him were committed the experience wouldn't be pleasant.

As for the crime. Why did he shoot them and not him self? It's screwed up but I would think he would want to take his own life instead of his parents.

rock_nog
09-12-2007, 09:21 PM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if his parents were really screwed up. Did they deserve what they got? Is what he did right? Certainly not! However, I find it difficult to believe that things like this just happen.

Although... The really warped logic might suggest some sort of mental illness. Who knows?