PDA

View Full Version : Text Boxes

Joe123
09-11-2007, 05:54 PM
If I have the quest rule 'messages dissapear' checked (which is necessary for NPCs and Signposts) and I still want to use text boxes, is there any way to make them appear and/or dissapear with the coming and going of the string?

Also what is the small box inside the string editor that takes you to the tile page?

ShadowMancer
09-12-2007, 06:48 PM
Also what is the small box inside the string editor that takes you to the tile page?

That is the frame that will appear around your text box (uses 4 tiles the one you choose the one below it the one the the right and the one below that, makeing a square)

is there any way to make them appear and/or dissapear with the coming and going of the string?
Not quite sure what you are asking, if you use messages dissapear then when you are done reading them and press 'A' the message disapears so you can walk there (i think that rule is required, may be wrong) The text box will still be there but only until you press A, (also i suggest clicking 'messages freeze all action' as well)

Joe123
09-13-2007, 02:52 AM
Ah, I meant old style drawn on text boxes.

However this way would be much better - if I could make them transparent. Can I make them transparent in any way?

ShadowMancer
09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
if I could make them transparent. Can I make them transparent in any way?

You know, I beleve I have seen this done, but so far I have not figured out how. (It does look pretty silly if you use a Cset that has a pink or bright green BG) :)

Shoelace
09-13-2007, 09:40 PM
To my knowledge, the transparent feature was never added. But not sure if we will see it as that would be adding a feature.

Joe123
09-14-2007, 02:32 AM
The text boxes also don't appear on a layer. That's crazy...
Ah well, I'll settle for a solid one that takes up the whole area.