PDA

View Full Version : Direct Warps B,C and D

Joe123
09-11-2007, 12:20 PM
Is there something new that I need to know to use the multiple tile warps per screen? I've made a direct warp B combo, and I expected it to work in the same way as direct warp A, but I would use the B tab in the tilewarp box. However, it just does nothing at all. Not even warp you to the cave/item room. Same with C and D. Why should this be? is it a bug?

Freedom
09-11-2007, 01:08 PM
My first guess would be you put the warp combo on a layer and as such will not work.
Warps A,B,C, and D are all working fine in 584. ;)

Joe123
09-11-2007, 02:19 PM
I didn't put it on a layer, I definately had it on layer 0. it was on layer 0, and didn't work. I then changed it's combo attribute to Direct Warp A, and it sent me to the Cave/item screen (as I hadn't set up the warp for it). I then tried it for C and D and it wouldn't work for those either.

However, upon trying them as stair combos with type B, C and D and it still not working, I'm assuming it's me doing something wrong. I can't think what it should be though.

Freedom
09-11-2007, 02:41 PM
I tested A, B, and C in mine and they all work, I don't happen to have a D set up where it's convenient to go to, but see no reason that it wouldn't work since the rest are. ;)

Joe123
09-11-2007, 02:50 PM
Now I've set up a 4x4 block of each type of Direct Warp combo, A,B,C and D. All of the warps on the screen are set the default Cave/Item room, and there are no layers. When you step on A, it warps you to the Item room. When you step on any of the others, absolutely nothing happens whatsoever.

Would you mind having a look at my quest and telling me what I'm doing wrong?
Because it seems to me like I'm not doing anything wrong now.

EDIT: Now I've done the same with Stairs combos, and once again only the A works.
Do I need to enable a quest rule or something for multiple warps per screen?

Freedom
09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I believe there is a quest rule about old style warps, you'll just have to look and see.
I'm also not sure if the B,C, and D warps can be used to go to screens 80 and 81, I don't remember ever trying it, or for that matter see any reason why anyone would want to.

Another thing you might want to look at is those new flags _L_ added to the dmaps, maybe those are effecting you.

Joe123
09-11-2007, 05:18 PM
It's not to do with the dmap flags, I've been checking those. I think it may be old style warps though, I'll check that.

EDIT:
Quest Rule: Use Old-Style Warp Detection - renders all combos for tilewarps B C and D useless.

I asked what this was over on PureZC a while ago but noone could tell me - looks like I found out the hard way. Thanks Freedom :)