PDA

View Full Version : The official word is in: YOU SUCK at Tetris.

4matsy
09-10-2007, 03:18 AM
At least, compared to this guy. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

Crazy Japanese Tetris master TGM-HOLIC, aka Jin8, playing Arika's arcade game Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror-Instinct.

It starts off pretty slow, yes, but right around the 3-minute mark comes a rather significant speed-up (you really don't need to bother watching the timer, you'll know it immediately when you see it, lol :p).

Right before the 5-minute mark is where the shit hits the fan. INVISIBLE TETRIS MUTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ oh wait he actually passes it, wtf.

Gleeok
09-10-2007, 03:27 AM
Hah! I don't even need to watch that vid. I've seen it many times. It's completely ridiculous what that guy can do at Tetris. It's so awful in fact, that I dare anyone to watch it only once and not think that it must be some kind of trick.

Actually....I think i'll watch it again right now. Thanks ;)

4matsy
09-10-2007, 03:36 AM
It's so awful in fact, that I dare anyone to watch it only once and not think that it must be some kind of trick.
Heh, you got that right. The thing's only been on YouTube for 2 days, and already it has 1000 comments, about seemingly half of which are in the neighborhood of "ZOMG HAX". :laughing:

Darth Marsden
09-10-2007, 04:27 AM
I shudder to think how much of his life this guy has wasted just so he can finish this game. It scares me.

ZTC
09-10-2007, 02:05 PM
What about DDR freaks then? ;)
Nice vid.

Pineconn
09-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I know that I suck at Tetris, I don't need you to tell me that. ;)

biggiy05
09-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Crazy Japanese Tetris master TGM-HOLIC, aka Jin8, playing Arika's arcade game Tetris the Grand Master 3: Terror-Instinct.

I shudder to think how much of his life this guy has wasted just so he can finish this game. It scares me.

Read the bold and italicized words. They are all crazy when it comes to games over there. I wanna know how much money he spent playing that game.

vegeta1215
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Have any of you seen the video of the guy playing Ikaruga in the arcade, controlling both sides (joysticks) at the same time, while not getting hit at all? That's some crazy stuff there too.

AlexMax
09-10-2007, 10:25 PM
Actually, this video has been avalible on Akira's website since the begining of time, so a massive [img-timeline] to the lot of you.

Reguardless, what a lot of you don't notice is that this is actually a mode where the blocks drop instantly. He's not immediatly dropping every single block, he doesn't really have a choice. This makes timing a nightmare and puts his 'mistakes' in a different light. What he is doing is only possible because the blocks have a short time in between falling and the next block falling where they can be moved freely.

And that version of Tetris is only avalible in Japanese arcades and on japanese consoles, which is a damn shame because Tetris Worlds and Tetris DS were both major disappointments after the awesomeness of The New Tetris.

However, as impossible as that game is, it is nothing compared to Bastard Tetris, which actually picks out the worst possible piece in every situation. (It's not a perfect algorithm, since a perfect 'unwinnable tetris' would only consist of only S and Z blocks, but its close enough)

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/04/24/1259241

AtmaWeapon
09-11-2007, 12:26 AM
And that version of Tetris is only avalible in Japanese arcades and on japanese consoles, which is a damn shame because Tetris Worlds and Tetris DS were both major disappointments after the awesomeness of The New Tetris.This. I bought both worlds for the SP and Tetris DS, but this whole "The block doesn't drop until you are finished rotating it" just turns the upper levels into a contest of tapping A as fast as possible.

I like the Nintendo theming of Tetris DS, but the original Game Boy Tetris is a much better verison to play. Sadly, I don't have that one :(

Modus Ponens
09-11-2007, 02:34 AM
I got that Bastard Tetris, or Bastet as it's officially called.

Man, that's a humbling experience. Don't play it unless you really love yourself and are very confident of that fact.

MottZilla
09-11-2007, 02:46 PM
I've played Tetris GrandMaster before. Honestly it's very boring/retarded to play that mode after a very short time. It's just you trying to roll the blocks into place like AlexMax said. If you really want to try it out, the first Tetris GrandMaster is on the Capcom ZN hardware which is related to Playstation and is easily emulated. Use the ZiNc emulator.