PDA

View Full Version : An odd assortment of questions

ShadowMancer
09-09-2007, 09:04 PM
I've had some questions floating around my mind for some time now, I just did not want to start a new thread for each one, so I'm gonna lump them all together here

1> Global Script slots:
Slot 1: init, runs once at start of game, holds global vars is assigned automatically by any code that is not part of a script/function
Slot 2: Runs each frame durring the game
Slot 3: ???
Is all this info correct, and does anyone know what slot 3 is for?

This is sort of a (Post 2.5) request(don't shoot me), but also a question on the actual possibilty of implmention.
Can the number of FFCs be upped from 32 to say, 256 in a future version, I mean would this be too 'heavy' for ZC to handle or is it possible.
(with 256 FFCs we would not have to worry about feasiblely running out, unless we were really script-happy. we could create awsome giamongous bosses like in Lttp, we could create weapons with lots of effects (think how many FFC's it would take to recreate a hookshot, or a sparkleing boomarng) the possiblitys are endless)

Singular Flags: how exactly do they work, I understand that all singular flags must be triggered to activate the secrets but that is about all I know.

urg, I had more questions of course I can't think of them right now, oh well there is an EDIT button :)

DarkDragon
09-09-2007, 09:16 PM
1. The third slot runs whenever a quest is resumed (from a save, from quit->continue).
2. Ask again after 2.50. There are some pretty serious performance ramifications that need to be carefully considered. In the meantime, note that for elementary effects, ie hookshot links, you can use drawing primitives instead of dedicated FFCs (recommended).

Nimono
09-10-2007, 10:30 AM
To answer your last question:

Uhhhh.... Singular Flags don't do that. Singular Flags mean that if you put an inherent Trigger flag on the combo you put THIS flag on, then ONLY that secret will trigger. Singular 16-31+ means that Secret Flags 16-31 will also be triggered, but NOT other Trigger flags. You MIGHT be thinking of the Screen Flag, All Triggers->16-31. With that on, all Trigger flags MUST be removed from the screen before Flags 16-31 will trigger. It's basically a screen-wide Singular 16-31+ flag. :p

ShadowMancer
09-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks pikaguy, I've been trying to solve the problem of triggering secret flags via script. right now I am thinking of changeing the combo at the top right coner, to a trigger and then putting a block on top of it to trigger the secrets (no idea if it will work yet) Also I wanted to make a 'TNT barrel' that will explode when hit with fire, this is where the singular flags will be handy I don't want every barrel on the screen to trigger when one is.

There are some pretty serious performance ramifications that need to be carefully considered
I kind of figured that was the case, that is exactly why I asked if it would be possible.

note that for elementary effects, ie hookshot links, you can use drawing primitives instead of dedicated FFCs (recommended).
Ah, great idea I almost forgot about those commands existed, effects don't need to do anything, just look good. I guess drawing commands could be used for custom bosses as well, might be tricky but possible.

Thanks for the info DD