PDA

View Full Version : anyone wanna help me make an enemy?

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 08:10 PM
ok i had another idea for dark link. However this idea is too confusing for me to set up alone.

I need a patra-type enemy, with dark link in the center with a high tracking rate.

Around him i need dak faries... i have already made those, but i need to know how to set up the tiles to make them the outer eyes.

If anyone can see what i see in this, and can help that would be great!!

oh and im using build 254 and if you tell me how to make this a scripted enemy ill do that too thanks!

Gleeok
09-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Step 1. 254 is outdated. I really do suggest at this point that anyone using 254 can feel somewhat safe in updating to a newer build. anything above 579 are pleasant. Plus you have more options for stuf like this. ..up to you though.

Step 2. You need 16 tiles of link, and 16 tiles of dark fairies.
2 rows of each. First two rows-row1 = Link down(4 tiles),up,left,right. Repeat for row 2.
D_fairies- rows 1,2...same as above.

Scroll down to patra enemy in tiles page. It should look something like this.(w/link graphics).

Step 3. Create new enemy. Change cset to whatever you want, and enter misc...
misc1: number of outer eyes
misc2: number of inner eyes
misc3: HP of eyes
misc4: 0 = expanding circle movement, 1 = oval movement
misc5: 1 = center eye fires weapon, 2 = inner eyes fire weapons

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 11:23 PM
thanks, gleeok and also thanks for helping me before with my original D-link idea. And also which build do you use? ...or rather which build would you suggest?

Gleeok
09-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Well look at how many new bugs have been reported with 584. That's right not too many. Meaning 584 could easily rival 254. Also I am still using 579, I havent had much free time this week. :(

erm2003
09-10-2007, 05:35 AM
Just as a heads up: 254 was the build released before an overhaul in the item properties and editor. When you upgrade a quest, you will have to reset the default to several items for them to work, like bombs, arrows, etc. So when you test your quest and you can't get something to work, try hitting default under that item first and it will probably work again.

LostInHyru1e
10-08-2007, 12:11 PM
How did you get that Custom Smart Dark Link, Master Maniac? I think I remember you talking about it earlier, too. I'd like to get my hands on that! Or, at the very least, the concept of it... if you don't mind. :)

Master Maniac
10-08-2007, 08:31 PM
yeah sure its fine by me.

... if i can ask a favor. its still way too early but when i finish my gynormus 3-part quest, would you like to be a beta tester?

the storyline is simple. in the first file you are regular link and you go through and "kill" ganondorf and take over his castle.

after you get the code from beating the game you can PM me or e-mail me the code and ill send you part 2, where you are oni-link and you are trying to save link because ganon is still alive end he has captured link and plans to kill him.

the third part is the bonus and ill send it to you in the same fashion as the
2nd. thats a dark link quest and you are trying to save link before oni-link.

So if you want to be a beta tester for the three, then fine if not then the offer is open to anyone. But all 3 parts are in the early stages of creation so it will be a while.

LostInHyru1e
10-09-2007, 01:32 AM
So, does the enemy involve scripting? Is it really "smart" like you intended?

I would like to Beta Test for your game. But as for all three quests, I think it would be better to include them all in a .Zip file. Then, you get a code at the end of the first one that you NEED to play the second one. Same with the third. It would save hassle that way, make it more convenient for quest players... it would be all-around better.

What tileset are you using? You seem to be cooking along pretty quick with this, so I'm going to assume Classic? Well, can you post a Development thread with Screenshots?

Master Maniac
10-10-2007, 01:08 AM
umm nope its not the classic, its the... dammit... ummmmmmmmm...

the one used in "link's awakening DX"

and no the enemy doesent involve scripting... yet... im gonna ask in the scripting request place if they can make one where an enemy will mimic the player's moves and it will be perfect.

And as for the development shots and stuff i dont really know how to do all that yet... these are my first few quests... my actual first one got corrupted so i had to abort that mission.

and how would i go about setting up the passwords that way without the files asking every time they are opened?

LostInHyru1e
10-14-2007, 06:48 PM
If you password something, it will ask every time it's opened.

I would recommend going with Classic for your first quest, because it's easy to use.

What DOES Dark Link do, then?

Master Maniac
10-15-2007, 02:30 AM
well... what do you mean? his role in the story? or his role as an enemy

LostInHyru1e
10-16-2007, 01:14 PM
As far as mechanics.