PDA

View Full Version : WOO new problem...

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 04:43 PM
ok... so ive made a dark link (thanks to gleeok XD) ... but i tried to set it up to where he is set on a screen by a flag. However when i test the file, and go to the screen where he appears and it shuts down saying: this program has encountered an error and needs to close

and it does it every time... is there any enemy properties that would stop this from happening if they were changed? he is set up as a walking enemy(darknut type) and he is made on build 254

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 05:30 PM
sorry for the double-post, but the site wont let me edit my posts.

Anyways i figured out what i did wrong. However i need to know how the ID of the enemies works.

i have link set up to split into 3 dark faries after he is killed, so the misc 2 option needs to be the ID of the dark fairy.How do i know what the ID is?

Russ
09-09-2007, 06:11 PM
The ID is the number after the e on custom enemies. For instance, the enemy e197 had an id of 197. If you forgot the id number, then you will have to open the quest up with a newer beta. 500 and up show the id of an enemy at the top of the screen when you edit them. So you can just open the quest up with a new build, get the id number of the enemy, and then open it with build 254 and continue working on it.

And by the way, I had the same problem with not being able to edit posts before. Wierd.

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 07:32 PM
so for misc.3 on a darknut, i would type in 176 for the dark fairy, because ive created 2 enemies and the 2nd ones ID was 177... right?

because misc 3 is supposed to be the ID of the enemy split into... but it didnt work before... ill try it again... hold on...

Russ
09-09-2007, 07:34 PM
If the second enemy you made was e177, than you type 177 into misc. 3. But there were some bugs with splitting darknuts, so you may have to upgrade to a new version. But you may not have to.

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 07:52 PM
ok i got it right this time, but i found the bug:(
the fairies are completely invisible(except for their shadow) so im not gonna make it split.