PDA

View Full Version : Timed warp takes effect while viewing strings, again [584]

zcAmazing
09-09-2007, 02:41 AM
When time warp tics reaches 0, warp takes effect even when message strings display.

This time, fix it so that time warp will start counting down after message string has finished.

This would be like, in Zelda Oracles Game Boy Color, when Link enters the particular room with lit torches and a mysterious ghost voice that says: "Leave now before the fires go out," Link must hurry to the next room before he automatically warps back to the dungeon entrance!

I have now reached the 500th post!

DarkDragon
09-09-2007, 03:54 AM
You're right that time continues to tick during a message, but it's not a bug in that it's not inconsistent with anything and is the way timed warps have always worked, to my knowledge. I'm reluctant to add a "timed warps time stops during messages" quest rule unless several people want it, even more so pre-2.50.

Gleeok
09-09-2007, 06:34 AM
Please add me to that list, and maybe a screen data checkbox perchance?...
The way it's done now if fine though, as long as there's no stringed messages, ..and
After 2.5, of course.

I have a feeling once the beta suggestions are opened up again, there's going to be a riot of sorts..

zcAmazing
09-09-2007, 02:08 PM
Last fixed in 509, but it still counts down during display and halts until the strings finished. But that is what DarkDragon not want. Reversed.

If I want this bug fixed, then he will have to add a FEATURE, which would make Freedom :angry:.

Move this in Bugs in Limbo.

Nicholas Steel
09-09-2007, 11:08 PM
i agree that this would be a feature suggestion but i also agree that this would come in handy when making epic quests that rely heavily on a story.

Freedom
09-09-2007, 11:21 PM
Last fixed in 509, but it still counts down during display and halts until the strings finished. But that is what DarkDragon not want. Reversed.

If I want this bug fixed, then he will have to add a FEATURE, which would make Freedom :angry:.

Move this in Bugs in Limbo.

Doesn't make a tinkers damn weather it makes Freedom :angry: or not, Freedom doesn't run this show.
If you feel like getting back into the more more more and forget about a stable release, then go for it.
Personally I'm about fed up with this shit anyway, all the people that were crying more more more now seem to be mysteriously absent now that there is a concerted effort to rid the program of bugs.
So in other words what they are saying to the developers is this; "WE WANT but don't expect US to have to do anything for it."

Russ
09-09-2007, 11:23 PM
I say you it should just be made so that the timed warp doesn't start untill the string displays. We don't need a quest rule, people. The less quest rules, the better. Sheesh.

Edit: Wow, Freedom, you posted as I was writing my post. :)

DarkDragon
09-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Well, I completely agree that less quest rules are better in general, but a new quest rule is far better than simply changing the way old quests work.

Freedom
09-10-2007, 12:52 AM
It's an extremely easy thing to work around, but I guess it's not as easy as opening Zquest and then leaning back and watching it build your quests for you.

Gleeok
09-10-2007, 02:28 AM
Doesn't matter anyway. The majority wanted a stable 2.5 sometime before hell freezes over, and the minority wanted new features. More, more, more features they said.(I do like new goodies):(... Well I find it funny that some of those same people are still using b254 for building. Does that make since? ...wait..sorry about that....what was I originally talking about..?

Oh yaeah. I hereby retract my "keep in mind till after 2.5" statement, and move to suggest jelly donuts for all.

Also if this really is THAT important, then it will be posted in beta suggestions. Untill then, as DD just proved in the Mystery scripting thread; New features can be scripted. End of story.

As I said before, none of this should divide people. ie more stable means faster 2.5, equals new features 2.6 etc...

Imprisoned
10-02-2007, 11:19 AM
Okay, it shouldn't matter, just count the time in seconds for the string to completely finish without pressing A or B, and put the timed warp a second or two longer than that time. Example:

String with no skip - 6 seconds to finish
Timed warp - 8 seconds

But I think that quest rule would be good.