PDA

View Full Version : some questions

Nfiend
09-08-2007, 03:29 PM
i was wondering a couple of things....

1. How do i make an NPC 'walk' out of the screen along a certain path (like in LTP when your uncle leaves the house).

2. How do I add layers (like rain drops, etc.)?

ShadowTiger
09-08-2007, 05:27 PM
1) If you're in the post 2.10 pre-2.5 versions, you can use Freeform combos and changers for that, but I'd like to know which version you're working with first. You should always open up a help topic with the version that you're working with.

2) Layers are created by starting on a blank screen, and drawing the combos that will compose the layer on that blank screen. Only one layer's combos per screen. Layers 1 and 2 go below Link; 3 and 4 are above link but under flying enemies, and 5 and 6 go over everything. (Like an overhead combo.) Once you have that screen, you can go to the screen you had wanted to lay that layer on, and go to Data->Layers and set the Map and Screen information that the screen you were just on were.

You can also hit Pageup/down until you see the numbers 1-6 with a circle and checkbox underneath them, and reference the layer from there, without having to go to a blank screen. Just be sure the screen you reference IS blank.