PDA

View Full Version : Link is Stuck - Link's Birthday Deluxe

Jojo
09-06-2007, 11:01 PM
I finally battled my way through Link's Birthday so decided to give Link's Birthday Deluxe a try, as it had great reviews.

I'm in Level 4 and have just gotten the flute, I saved the game and when I came back to it, Link is stuck in the upper left corner of the screen and I can't get him out.

Is there anyway to fix this? I already started over once when he got stuck in Level 2.

nicklegends
09-07-2007, 01:25 AM
What version are you using to play it? You can only really use 1.92b183 for it to work right.

Jojo
09-07-2007, 08:49 AM
I am playing it in 184.

I had no problems with Link's Birthday and somewhere in the help threads Mr. Z indicates you have to use 183 or 184 for it to work without bugs, but I have bugs.

ms_zelda_lady
09-07-2007, 02:55 PM
I had the same problem and finally gave up after having to restart the quest 3 times. Beta 184 definitely causes problems. I haven't tried it in 183 but if you look at the world map more than once that causes your game to crash. Been thinking about trying it in 2.10 but it probably won't even work in that version.

Jojo
09-07-2007, 03:33 PM
ms_zelda_lady,

That's my fear as well, that'll I'll start yet again and it will fail. I consider myself a novice player so after spending close to four hours to get to Level 4, I really don't want to start again *laughs*

I found a thread at Pure ZC that was pages long with lots of help from Mr. Z and others. I may be wrong, I thought you were part of it. I certainly got the impression that most there completed it without much of a glitch except some items not working.

Makes me wonder if something is wrong with the download. The first LB works fine, the second doesn't. With it being considering one of the top quests and all the great reviews I'm saddened I can't play it. :(

elise
09-07-2007, 05:04 PM
The 183 and 184 you can also exchange the save . file so you can play it in the 184 with the map till you get in trouble and then take it to 183 ( never forget to keep your old save.file on a save spot or rename it for the time being so you can always put it back )

Jojo
09-08-2007, 08:35 AM
elise,

Thanks for the suggestion. However that sounds like work and if I get the itch to play LB DX that badly I'll give it a try.:)

Jojo
09-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Well, the itch did get me and I took the suggestion of elise and I've continued on from Level 4 just fine, well, almost just fine until now and this time Link isn't stuck I am.

I have completed up to Level 7, all the additional dungeons, except the super bomb one and I have yet to complete the Eastern Palace dungeon for the Golden Sword.

I can't 100% recall, but it seems that I peeked at the Eastern Palace dungeon before I headed off to do Level 8 knowing that the book was going to be a help, I may have had two keys. I know I had the one key to enter 8. Now this is where I am stuck. I can only get so far in 8, I can get up the right side and the lower four rooms to the left of the entrance but that's about it. Yes, I have the red suit, but can't find the book or upgraded boomerang.

Does anyone please have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Jojo

elise
09-20-2007, 02:03 PM
did some looking around for you maybe this one can help you http://zeldaclassicforum.com/showpost.php?p=12058&postcount=42
;)

Jojo
09-20-2007, 06:49 PM
elise,

I can't thank you enough for all your help. I also did lots of searching and honestly don't remember seeing that, it's a good post for anyone who plans to play this and get stuck.

Off to finally kill Ganon :)

Jojo

elise
09-21-2007, 09:38 AM
You didn't see it because it's from another forum :)
Now kill him !!!!!!!