PDA

View Full Version : Enemy Editor Questions

LinkMaster500
09-06-2007, 10:55 PM
1. Can you make an enemy using the editor that covers more than one 16 x 16 tile?

2. Can you make it so that an enemy can only be damaged by certain weapons or items (e.g. make it such that a Pols Voice cannot be killed by arrows)?

Gleeok
09-07-2007, 07:04 AM
1. Can you make an enemy using the editor that covers more than one 16 x 16 tile?

2. Can you make it so that an enemy can only be damaged by certain weapons or items (e.g. make it such that a Pols Voice cannot be killed by arrows)?

1) Currently no. BUT check this out; you can alter the misc and graphics of bosses that are 2x2, giving them a different "feel" if you will.

2)Currently......no also. :( However you can alway's give other enemies the pols voice graphics. It's not the same ... I know.

3)Have you messed around with ffc's and scripting.
Both would allow you to achieve those types of things...however they require a large amount of set-up.

The_Amaster
09-07-2007, 07:12 AM
Techanicaly, there are flags like "invulnerable to sword" or "invulnerable to boomerang". If you were to check every one except Arrows, then it'd be vulnerable to only them.

Gleeok
09-07-2007, 07:20 AM
Heh, you just gave away the fact that your still using b254. Unfortunately, those have been removed from 2.5 and may not even be compatable in 2.6. I sure hope they put them back in though.

LinkMaster500
09-07-2007, 03:58 PM
What are ffcs?

Russ
09-07-2007, 04:06 PM
What are ffcs?

Freeform Combos. They are basicly combos that move. And you can attach scripts to them.

LostInHyru1e
09-07-2007, 05:20 PM
I'm not downloading a beta, but I'm looking forward to FFCs when 2.5 comes out.

LinkMaster500
09-20-2007, 06:37 PM
More questions:

1. I think some information in the Enemy Editor Wiki page at http://www.shardstorm.com/ZCwiki/Enemy_Editor is incorrect. It says that the number in the "Damage" field is how many half-hearts Link loses when the enemy hits him. However, I think that is supposed to be how many quarter-hearts you lose. For instance, for the Gibdo, the "Damage" number is 8, and eight quarter-hearts = 2 full hearts, which is how many a Gibdo takes away in the original quests (assuming no rings).

2. Also the Wiki page says that a weapon with a Power of 1 will inflict 1 HP of damage with each hit. For example, the Wooden Sword's Damage reading is 1, so each hit with the sword takes away 1 HP. Because the Gibdo has 14 HP, you would think you have to hit it 14 times, but you only have to hit it 8 times to kill it.

Are these errors, or am I not intepreting the Enemy Editor parameters correctly? Is there a way to quickly determine how many hits an enemy requires to kill it (with a sword or another weapon)?