PDA

View Full Version : Shardstrom Builds

LinkMaster500
09-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Is the most recently-listed alpha on www.shardstorm.com (Build 579 right now) necessarily the best and most stable build to use for quest-making right now? If not, what is?

If I understand this correctly, the alpha builds, for the most part, should not be used for full-time quest-making until 2.5 officially comes out.

erm2003
09-06-2007, 05:31 AM
Is the most recently-listed alpha on www.shardstorm.com (http://www.shardstorm.com) (Build 579 right now) necessarily the best and most stable build to use for quest-making right now? If not, what is?

If I understand this correctly, the alpha builds, for the most part, should not be used for full-time quest-making until 2.5 officially comes out.

This is true. There is a disclaimer stating that the latest builds could corrupt quests etc, however since the focus is on bug fixing, they have been very stable as of late and you may not encounter many problems. If you decide to try it and are upgrading a quest, make sure you COPY it over just in case you do encounter any issues.

LinkMaster500
09-06-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you. I was considering using the builds just to learn how to use some new things for right now. Obviously, by making a backup of the quest (or saving it under a new name) will allow me to protect it against problems due to alpha build bugs.