PDA

View Full Version : Dmap questions

Master Maniac
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Ok i have 2 questions.
1-How do i set the Dmap link starts in?

2-how do i set layered objects to show the tiles under tham where there is no color?

Thanx people!

LostInHyru1e
09-06-2007, 11:17 AM
For the first one, go to Quest>Init Data and go do the last page, where you may select the starting DMap.

I don't understand your second question. Do you mean make see-through layers? On the Tile-Editor, make all the invisible parts the black-x type on the tile, and it should be see-through down to layer 0.

Hope that helps.

Master Maniac
09-06-2007, 09:08 PM
ok thanks and for the layers, i did that and it won't work. When i do that, it shows all black where the x-type spots are. umm can you like walk me through how to set up layers properly? i think that may be the problem.

ShadowMancer
09-06-2007, 10:33 PM
http://zcu.sephiroth.ws/forums/index.php?autocom=ineo&showarticle=5
'Layering in a nutshell' This tut should get you started, ZCU has quite a few good tuts check them out

Master Maniac
09-06-2007, 10:54 PM
ok i know how to set up layers now... but the black x pixels still are black.they arent transparent like they should be.

LostInHyru1e
09-07-2007, 12:14 AM
They are black if they are on Layer 0, and I don't know about 1 or 2. On layers 3-6, the "X" tiles are transparent.

Master Maniac
09-08-2007, 06:11 PM
...omfg... i get it now i think... ok so i draw the stuff i want to be over my head before i draw the ground?and what are the check-boxes for under the numbers? i get the bubbles... i think, but then why are the boxes there?

oh and also, how do i make guys? i tried it on the enemy editor, and it doesnt show up as a guy when i try to put it in an item room or anything.and i set the option...(i forget which one)...to guy too...

and thanks for all your help people... i know Im annoying XD

LostInHyru1e
09-08-2007, 07:39 PM
No, you don't draw it first. You go to Data>Layers, then set the screen that you want to be the "Layer." Then you press Page Down until you get to the Layers thing, and click on the little circle underneath the layer to begin editing THAT layer. Layer 0 is the default layer, 1-2 are underneath Link but over stuff on Layer 0. Layers 3-4 are above Link but beneath flying enemies, and layers 5-6 are above everything.

The little boxes with the check-marks you can check and uncheck to be able to see/not see that layer. All layers that don't have a specific layer screen are transparent by default.

I'm still working on 2.10, so I don't know about making guys, but I wasn't under the impression that that was possible... but who knows, maybe it is... I really don't know. :)

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 02:03 PM
umm... when i set the layer it moves everything up to that layer instead of leaving the floor on layer 0 it brings it up to layer 4.

i saw somethin though... i think... are you supposed to make it on another Dmap and set it to the screen you want on the first Dmap?

this whole thing is confusing...

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 02:17 PM
YESSS I GOT IT NOW!!! oh and sorry for the double post, but the site wont let me edit my posts for some reason.

THANK YOU PEOPLE!! ALL OF YOU ARE AWESOME!

LostInHyru1e
09-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Wait - so you got it? The way layers work is that it layers one screen on top of another, to create one screen. You may edit the layer screens while still on the host screen, but when you do that, it makes the changes to the other screen.

Master Maniac
09-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Yep, it works. i have to go to the screen i want the layers on, then select the screen and map the layered objects will be on, then edit the layer.

LostInHyru1e
09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Yup! Layers are good for all sorts of great stuff, such as whether, custom bosses, or illusions. :)