PDA

View Full Version : Locked Old Accounts

Orn
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
A huge amount of old Armageddon Games accounts were locked for not visiting here enough. Those returning with such an account cannot use their old user name, or email address.

I am one of such returning people, remember a time when these forums were much more active. I think that deleting the old accounts instead of locking them will be great incentive the bring back some old members. People get very attached to their User names and email address. I myself would like to use my main email address here because I check it much more often.

Darth Marsden
09-05-2007, 02:09 PM
As I understand it, a quick e-mail to one of the admins should get your old account unlocked. Did you try that?

And welcome back, even if I have no idea who you are.

Orn
09-05-2007, 02:16 PM
I tried that and got non response, gave up and made a new account. Its fine for me really, because it dont like my old user name at all.

I was more concered with the negitive effect that locked accounts on people like me... and really those who were more attached to their user names.

Anyway,
My old user name was Silverizer ([email protected]).
When I was really active here, so were these boards (makes it difficult to remember me?).

biggiy05
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
There were a few weeks where it was hard to get in touch with an Admin but that problem has been taken care of. PM DarkDragon and he can help you out. He's active every day.

As for accounts being locked I don't think that's what is happening. We've had lots of old members come back that haven't been here in 2-3 sometimes four years. All on their existing account.:shrug:

cyberkitten
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
your account is actually showing up as "unverified", not locked. have your password resent to your email account and then try to log in.

Orn
09-05-2007, 03:41 PM
Okay my bad sorry. Maybe the email reply ended up in hotmails junk bin...

ShadowTiger
09-05-2007, 06:29 PM
I also heard tales (And experienced them myself. :p ) that AGN's E-mail service takes a while to work. I didn't receive my validation E-mail until the very next day.

Pineconn
09-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I'm getting a little tired of the sudden popularity of "The boards were more active in the past" threads. :sweat:

A simple solution is to affiliate with various Zelda websites... [/Pineconn's way of letting out exasperation]

phattonez
09-05-2007, 11:23 PM
This isn't that kind of thread though, he's just trying to get his account back. For someone who was here a long time ago, it's impossible to not notice the difference.

Pineconn
09-05-2007, 11:29 PM
(True, but there is mention of it. But yeah, this thread's purpose is not to complain about the state of AGN, even though I think AGN is still active.)