PDA

View Full Version : Posting and You

Darth Marsden
09-05-2007, 10:43 AM
Can we make this (http://67.19.215.37/albino_flash07/posting(www.albinoblacksheep.com).swf) required viewing before being allowed to register?

Trevelyan_06
09-05-2007, 01:32 PM
I'd be all for that as a requirement before posting, but I think there should be a test to make sure that they both watched and absorbed the material.

elise
09-05-2007, 01:55 PM
and delete the search button part from that movie :D:D:D
Thats probably already one of the most asked questions here , why is that search button not working ? :)

Darth Marsden
09-05-2007, 01:58 PM
Ooo, that reminds me... why doesn't the search button not

Is killed

biggiy05
09-05-2007, 02:34 PM
and delete the search button part from that movie :D:D:D
Thats probably already one of the most asked questions here , why is that search button not working ? :)

The search function is only available to mods, senior mods, admins, developers(?) and premium members.

ZTC
09-05-2007, 02:45 PM
The search function is only available to mods, senior mods, admins, developers(?) and premium members.
...of which I really don't use. :rolleyes:
Nice little find.

Darth Marsden
09-05-2007, 03:39 PM
I was signing up to another forum and it had it in it's terms and services. I just thought it was hilarious.

elise
09-05-2007, 04:15 PM
Here even Biggiy05 is on the automatic pilot if he sees that question .....I didn't ask for the answer :D:D:D

erm2003
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
I loved the part about the sticky threads. That is so the ZC section here.

The_Amaster
09-05-2007, 08:32 PM
ya, i just saw you guys mentin zc, and i was wondering, hwo do i set whre link starts!!!??? i cant find it nywhre!!!

And yes, I am planning to make this a contributing post, not just spam:
Dude, but that would be great to have in our ToS, for both the possible help, and the sheer hilarity.

Okay, kind of off on a tangent here, but what if whenever a new member joined, they had to submit a 500 word essay titled "How I'm going to spell and talk here, and why I'll contribute." to be reviewed by a board of their peers?

Trevelyan_06
09-06-2007, 02:49 AM
Okay, kind of off on a tangent here, but what if whenever a new member joined, they had to submit a 500 word essay titled "How I'm going to spell and talk here, and why I'll contribute." to be reviewed by a board of their peers?

Yeah but they could just make one really nice essay, or even copy and paste a nice one and still be total dicks once they got an account. You don't know about how a person is going to post until they've established a pattern.

Pineconn
09-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Actually, someone should reproduce that movie entirely and AGN-ize it. That would be completely perfect. :D

Darth Marsden
09-07-2007, 06:59 AM
Ok, in all seriousness - If I had any skill with Flash at all, I would so do that.

Then I'd start making flash versions of my SP stories.

The_Amaster
09-07-2007, 07:09 AM
*looks up*

I'm sorry, did someone mention using flash?

It doesn't look that complicated. If I use Print Screen to get the relevent images...and I have a decompiler that I could use to get the audio and graphics from this one...yeah, I could probably handle it.

Should I?

Darth Marsden
09-07-2007, 07:24 AM
If you wanna have a go, then go for it. I suspect it'll be a lot harder then you describe, but there's no harm in trying, right?

The_Amaster
09-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Arghhhh, I can't download the stupid file. Damnit.

Pineconn
09-08-2007, 03:02 PM
Seriously, flash can't be that difficult to use. Just slop together a few images, get a few SFX, and throw in a voice-over. I might look into it.

The_Amaster
09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Well I've decompiled the file, so I can modify it, and my only problem now is the sound. Either someone needs to re-record a new voice over, or someone who has some sort of sound editing program needs to cut out certain parts. Anyone able to modify sound files?

Darth Marsden
09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
If you have Nero, it should come with a tool called Nero WaveEditor. If you're just looking for a simple tool to snip a section from an audio file, that'll do the job nicely. It's what I used when I recorded an better voice for the G-Man in a Half-Life 2 mod I played recently (seriously, my impersonation of that guy is awesome).

If not, then a quick Google search comes up with Audacity (http://audacity.sourceforge.net/), Audioblast (http://www.moor-software.com/0.php?lang=English&page=blast.php), Solition II (http://biphome.spray.se/baxtrom/soliton.htm) and REAPER (http://www.cockos.com/reaper/).

The_Amaster
09-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Ah, thank you Darth. I'll check those out, see if I can use any of them.

Pineconn
09-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Actually, this could be easily made with Windows Movie Maker, which I know how to use. I think I'll actually make a video in the future. I'll just need a few... days. Or weeks. :D

Darth Marsden
09-09-2007, 11:21 AM
Any of those any good, Amaster?

The_Amaster
09-09-2007, 02:09 PM
Can't tell yet. Audacity looks good, but I haven't been able to work yet because Flash is being gay about exporting the sound file. I've got a few ideas though. Just got some homework now.

Darth Marsden
09-09-2007, 02:28 PM
See, I can barely do anything in Flash. Wouldn't know where to start. Still tempted to try making an animated version of Not Dead Yet (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showpost.php?p=1120794&postcount=1) though. Well, maybe. Possibly.

The_Amaster
09-09-2007, 08:41 PM
Hey Darth, can I ask a favor? I can't seem to export the sound file from the document, and based on the error I get I think it's my computer not the file. Think you could give it a try?(Or anyone else with Flash, for that matter)

Oh, and what exactly does Print Screen do, and what does it do with it's "images"?

biggiy05
09-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Oh, and what exactly does Print Screen do, and what does it do with it's "images"?

Takes a picture of the window as it is. If I were to hit print screen right now it would be an image of the reply box. Go into MS paint and ctrl+v or edit>paste.

Darth Marsden
09-10-2007, 02:09 AM
I'll give it a go, but don't expect miracles. How do I download the flash file?

The_Amaster
09-10-2007, 07:19 AM
I can send you the decompiled .sfw file. Can you give me your e-mail?

Darth Marsden
09-10-2007, 07:35 AM
My username with the space removed at gmail dot com.

The_Amaster
09-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Hmmmm...I got a failure notice for [his email]

EDIT: No prob.

Darth Marsden
09-11-2007, 02:06 AM
Weird. I'm getting all kinds of spam from a certain Prry member here since I posted my address (not that I mind, kitty-kat!), so I've no idea why you can't send anything to it. Try my username at sky dot com.

And could I ask you to remove my email address from your post? I don't want any spam-bots picking it up.