PDA

View Full Version : Cave Dmaps?

Joe123
09-05-2007, 03:39 AM
What have you done with cave DMamps :( have they been replaced with these 'Interior' imposters?
And if they have, do they have all the same attributes?

Gleeok
09-05-2007, 03:59 AM
Ahh, so does this mean FFA quest is 2.5 now? And yes it's basically the same thing, but do note; *They have moved lots of stuff around* Whenever you edit a new Dmap there's tons more options(click the arrows), along with F9 screen data that nobody knows what everything is suppose to do yet. Combine that with ffc's, scripting, tiered secrets, and the subscreen/item/enemy editor, and you've got your hands full. Good timing too as 579 is really stable. My hat's off to DD,DN and the rest of the team, they've done some amazing work.

Have fun! ;)

Joe123
09-05-2007, 04:02 AM
No, it doesn't mean that I'm afraid. It means I've put it on hold for a while while I have a go at making something else in a newer version. I'm afraid it's still unlikey FFA will get upgraded, as I like working to the limitations of the program (which have now just dissapeared somewhat), and if I were to update it I would keep thinking 'oo this bit could be better' to just about everything I've done so far.

But Tiered Secrets are in 2.10...

Gleeok
09-05-2007, 04:14 AM
Right, If it ain't broke, why fix it. Huh, I didn't know tiered secrets was in 2.10...it was good for playing quests but buggy for building....for me at least.
Well to answre your question in greater detail, Whenever you create a new Dmap be sure to go to the properties page and uncheck some boxes. It's odd the way it's set up now.

Joe123
09-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Ah ok, thanks. And I never really found 2.10 buggy (well, the scrolling warp bug was cauing a problem), but 2.10.2 is fine though.