PDA

View Full Version : I'm finishing college tomorrow

Glenn the Great
09-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Tomorrow evening I'm going to drive to school and take my final final.

I will have completed the curriculum for my Associate Degree in Computer Programming.

It's an economics final, and I only need to score a 60% on it to make an A for my final class average.

My coursework is done in my other class I took this quarter, an English class, in which I will get an A in as long as the teacher gives me at least a 68% on the research paper I just turned in.

If I get these A's, I will be finishing college with a 3.9 GPA!

I'm going to go to work full-time soon after, spending at least a couple years becoming financially independent before I think about furthering my education again.

Right now I'm honestly very burnt out from the whole school routine, and I need to change things up for awhile.

Beldaran
09-05-2007, 12:00 AM
Not a bad idea. I took a lot of time off from school and I wasn't even as far as you are now. It did me a lot of good. I explored my interests, had interesting experiences, and learned a lot more about what I want to do. Returning to further my education has been very rewarding because I didn't just blindly go through the motions like it was expected of me.

DarkDragon
09-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Congratulations.
Do you know yet where you'll be working?

Glenn the Great
09-05-2007, 01:43 AM
Well, I was going to be working for my Java professor in his business, but he's had a recent falling out with his partner, and needs 6 months to get another business set up. I don't want to wait for that, so I'm going to have to get my advisor's assistance and do some job hunting. So in short, I don't know right now. I'd like to work with my professor when he gets things going with his new business, but I don't know what kind of involvement I'm going to be in with whatever job I pick up in the interim.

ZTC
09-05-2007, 03:04 PM
Congradulations with getting through college, Glenn. Here's to hoping you find a decent job.

Prrkitty
09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
College accomplishments are always a good thing... congrats Glenn.

Glenn the Great
09-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Well, I just got back from taking the final. It went extremely well, and I'm happy to be done.

ShadowTiger
09-05-2007, 07:08 PM
Sweet. o.o Give us a sample question?

erm2003
09-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Congrats Glenn. It feels great to be done, doesn't it?

biggiy05
09-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Congrats. I'm just now starting my first quarter. Two years after I graduated high school but medical problems can slow you down.

Your major could not be anymore different from mine.

Glenn the Great
09-05-2007, 07:42 PM
Congrats. I'm just now starting my first quarter. Two years after I graduated high school but medical problems can slow you down.

Your major could not be anymore different from mine.

I had the same thing happen with me. Two years between high school and college, with medical problems being the reason of slowdown.

Beldaran
09-05-2007, 09:49 PM
hey, there's no "schedule". I didn't return to college until age 24.

Verman
09-07-2007, 01:00 AM
congrats man, feels good eh? i reget my college years cause now i hate computers.... so i hope your sure...

AtmaWeapon
09-07-2007, 09:23 PM
I can totally relate to the burnout man. When I first started I was all gung-ho "I'm not leaving until I get my master's". By the time the end of that 5th year came, I was all gung-ho "Shut up I gave you 5 years I don't care leave me alone".

Good job on finishing!