PDA

View Full Version : ok... technical difficulty...

Master Maniac
09-04-2007, 10:06 PM
ok my quest needs to be tested, but when i go to play the file with the test quest in it, the whole system freezes... can someone help me figure out why?

oh and how can i make swords extend like the hookshot? odd idea... ill explain later

Im using build 254 as an upgrade to version 2.10

AmazingAmpharos
09-05-2007, 12:36 AM
Define "play the file". Your description of "with the test quest in it" worries me. You are trying to use an everyday .qst file, right?

Also, you could probably use some scripting wizardry to simulate the effect with the sword, but for the most part, that's impossible.

Joe123
09-05-2007, 03:27 AM
Does 254 have the item editor? Because if it does you may be able to substitue the hookshot for the sword, and make it do damage and give it sword sprites. It wouldn't be able to slash bushes or anything though

erm2003
09-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Build 254 was before the item editor was completely redone. That means quests in build 254 probably won't work with the latest builds (not to mention 2.5 when it's done) until the item properties are reset (default button). If you are going to try this sword/hookshot thing you need the more recent builds.

Master Maniac
09-05-2007, 10:40 PM
Ok i thought my explanation was kinda vague... ok i up-load the file to the quest player thing and it worked fine. I could play it and everything. However one day when i went to test some changes I made to the quest, I entered the file, it froze and if i go to a different quest than that particular one it works fine.

yes it is a .qst file

The_Amaster
09-06-2007, 07:16 AM
Hmmm...could be a corruption. Do you men it freezes up when you go to ZQuest, or the ZC Player?

Master Maniac
09-06-2007, 09:04 PM
it freezes when i try to play the file on the player(only that one file though)

LostInHyru1e
09-07-2007, 12:18 AM
In ZQuest, go to File>Save AS and save it as a different name. Try loading the newly-named quest into the player.

Or, at least that's what I would try first. :)

Gleeok
09-07-2007, 06:56 AM
Sounds like corruption to me too. Does the file open in ZQuest. Maybe try switching the init data data (hehe) around a bit. Start on different Dmap, different items, stuff like that. I don't know. If nothing works I suggest upgrading to a more current build, I'm using 579 and I think there's a newer one. There have been alot of bugfixes. Also check you header and version number, you never know.

Good luck/