PDA

View Full Version : Report: Pentagon has a 3-day plan to knock out Iran's Military.

Prrkitty
09-02-2007, 10:47 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295529,00.html

Quote: The Pentagon has drawn up plans for massive airstrikes against 1,200 targets in Iran, designed to annihilate the Iranians’ military capability in three days, according to a national security expert in Sunday’s edition in the Times of London.

Alexis Debat, director of terrorism and national security at the Nixon Center, said last week that US military planners were not preparing for “pinprick strikes” against Iran’s nuclear facilities. “They’re about taking out the entire Iranian military,” he said.

Debat was speaking at a meeting organized by The National Interest, a conservative foreign policy journal. He told The Sunday Times that the US military had concluded: “Whether you go for pinprick strikes or all-out military action, the reaction from the Iranians will be the same.” It was, he added, a “very legitimate strategic calculus”.

---------

... the entire Iranian military!?!!? This ain't gonna go over well... not well at all.

DarkDragon
09-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Lovely, though I'm sure it's just political posturing. The Republican party knows it can't afford to go to war with Iraq given the present political climate, right before an election year.

Russ
09-02-2007, 11:13 PM
Ya, I seriously doubt this will happen.

Gleeok
09-02-2007, 11:53 PM
Once again we have an example of the "Bigger Dick Foreign Policy Theory" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjzyCLBsuBs&mode=related&search=) at work.

Rainman
09-03-2007, 02:15 PM
The Pentagon has plans for lots of things. I"m sure they have a plan for invading Canada somewhere.

MottZilla
09-03-2007, 02:23 PM
We also have plans for nuclear war against China and you don't see anyone all pissy about that. Just hope if they do attack Iran they do it right instead of the massive fuckups they tend to do lately. How the fuck do you lose with the greatest military in world? Stupidity apparently.

phattonez
09-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Uh, what war has the US lost recently? And I mean war, not policing some cities.

Daarkseid
09-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Just hope if they do attack Iran they do it right instead of the massive fuckups they tend to do lately. How the fuck do you lose with the greatest military in world?

Iran is not an enemy, nor a valid target.

The country is one of the few examples in the middle east of a functioning representative democracy. Its population is also relatively educated and liberal minded.

The only reason they have a hardliner in power is because like all countries, its population trusts their own government more than foreign nations, and the United States has since the Iranian revolution, been openly hostile towards Iran. The rhetoric coming out of Washington since W. Bush's presidency began has been especially aggressive, and with Iran being lumped in with Iraq and North Korea in the axis of evil, the people of Iran would seem justified in their fears of a US attack. Naturally, they are going to back a similarly aggressive hardliner out of self preservation.

Another war in Iran would be extremely counter productive and would only make the situation in the middle east worse. It would also do nothing to curtail the power and influence of Islamic fundamentalism in that country.

Aegix Drakan
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Its population is also relatively educated and liberal minded.

Would you please explain to me how a country that executes young girls for being raped is made up of liberal minded individuals?

...Ok, maybe it's just their government that's crazy like that, but still. I have no sympathy for people who do that sort of thing.

And I'm definitely certain that the pentagon has plans to invade Canada. We have lots of freshwater and delectable maple syrup.

biggiy05
09-03-2007, 11:11 PM
And I'm definitely certain that the pentagon has plans to invade Canada. We have lots of freshwater and delectable maple syrup.

We aren't invading you for your fresh maple syrup....mmm fresh maple syrup.

Aegix give me all your maple syrup or I'll blow your house up.

Daarkseid
09-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Would you please explain to me how a country that executes young girls for being raped is made up of liberal minded individuals?

I added the word "relatively" for a reason.