PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft 'n Fox make deal for XBox Live download of "Family Guy"

Prrkitty
09-02-2007, 10:25 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295190,00.html

Quote: "20th Century Fox has struck a deal with Microsoft Corp. (MSFT) to make the first two seasons of the animated series "Family Guy" available for downloads on the Xbox Live service beginning Monday.

"Family Guy" represents the first Fox product to make it onto Xbox, which lacks an overall deal with the News Corp. (NWS)-owned studio. In the battle of the electronic sell-through outlets, score one for Xbox over main rival iTunes, which hasn't yet landed rights to "Family."

The_Amaster
09-02-2007, 10:32 PM
...why?

I mean, whats the point of this. Why would you want to download episodes onto your Xbox? Maybe I'm just missing the point here, but assuming you have to pay for it(likely) than, I can honestly say I'd never use it.

biggiy05
09-02-2007, 11:15 PM
...why?

I mean, whats the point of this. Why would you want to download episodes onto your Xbox? Maybe I'm just missing the point here, but assuming you have to pay for it(likely) than, I can honestly say I'd never use it.

I'm sure you will have to pay for it.

They are trying to make the 360 more of an all in one media center from the sounds of it. Watch your dvds on your 360, play games, download movies onto the hdd and now download seasons of your favorite tv show.