PDA

View Full Version : Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/Ages question !

Nicholas Steel
09-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I've started Oracle of Seasons and have beaten it and have now started a Linked game of Oracle of Ages. i am up to the 4th dungeon in it.

Question: how do i get the level 3 sword (master sword)?

Problem: the FAQ i refer to says to speak to a Zora in the Heroes Cave (for a secret) in Oracle of Seasons. the problem is that the heroes cave does not change to the hard mini dungeon (which i think the zora resides in) once you beat the game (non-linked).

how do i get the master sword? must i beat Oracle of Seasons -> Linked Oracle of Ages -> Linked Oracle of Seasons ? if yes then thats retarded, why would i want the sword? why would i repeat a quest i already did? how would i face gannon if zelda is locked in the tower in Oracle of Ages?

vegeta1215
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
The Heroes cave is only in the linked game. So, the FAQ is referring to how to get it in an Ages->Seasons play. There's only two types of games:
- Seasons-> Ages (best I think, because the password stuff you go back and do in Seasons is much more fun)
- Ages->Seasons

So, ones you play each of those, you've done it all, unless you want to get the different pets. The only thing that really changes for them is a few overworld screens are catered to eat pet. Also, you can keep using the Hero password as you start new non-linked games. I think all it gets you is an extra heart container. Of course you can use your ring password over and over - it took me quite a while to get all the rings.

Glenn the Great
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Here's how these secrets work:

Alright, from the standpoint of playing Seasons first...

1) You beat seasons, then start the linked game of Ages.

2) People in Ages will give you secret codes and tell you to give them to someone in Seasons.

3) Go to your original Seasons game. Now that you've beaten the game, there are people who will take your secrets. Give them the secret, and you get a special item (like the L-3 Sword.)

4) When you get this item in Seasons, you will also get a new code.

5) Go back to your Ages game, and give the code to Farore. This will give you the L-3 Sword in Ages as well.

There are some other secrets too, like a Mirror Shield, a biggoron sword that takes up both inventory slots, and extra heart containers.

Nicholas Steel
09-02-2007, 08:32 PM
but glenn, the guy im meant to get the code from for the master sword doesnt exist unless i start a new Linked Seasons game. (then the new heroes cave where the zoro resides would be there)

im about to get the noble sword now, maybe it just automatically becomes the level 3 by default? oO

the guy that gives the secret to the level 3 sword resides in the new heroes cave that doesnt exist in a beaten non-linked seasons game.

edit: i see what to do now, i was over looking the clock shop secret in the FAQ.
edit: yea, now the master sword and the red ring combined :D fear me level 5.

Majora
09-02-2007, 09:13 PM
In Oracle of Ages, talk to the Elderly Woman that is on the same screen as the Ember Seed Tree in South Lynna (Present; after Level 4)

Go back to Seasons, dig behind the Clock Shop in Horon Village, and enter the stairs you find. Talk to the old man and give him the secret you got in Ages. Complete the Mini-Game to get the Master Sword. He will give you another secret.

Go back to Ages, and give Farore the secret you got from the Old Man.

The Zora in the Hero's Cave is only accessible if you started with AGES.

Nicholas Steel
09-02-2007, 10:20 PM
yep, i wasn't looking at the "secrets" part of the FAQ hard enough. but the actual walkthrough part is aimed at starting with Ages even tho its a Ages guide lol.

i mean, for both the guys Ages and Seasons walkthroughs he says the exact same thing in the walkthrough part, which isn't right because as was found out, it is impossible to do what the walkthrough part says if you start a new non-linked quest like the FAQ states what its for at the beginning.

confusing?

Cloral
09-03-2007, 02:33 AM
Likely a case of cut-and-paste writing. You should email the guy and point it out so he can fix it.

Nicholas Steel
09-03-2007, 03:10 AM
yea, theres been a few errors in the guide, mostly with complex things like walking on the floor changing its colour all to red.