PDA

View Full Version : A little something I cooked up when I was bored.

bigjoe
08-31-2007, 06:54 AM
A dungeon crawler demo for build 564. You explore whichever direction you want, and randomly end up in a new area. Right now, theres not much to it, but eventually I want to add different floors and stuff.

http://bigjoesquests.googlepages.com/dungeoncrawler2.qst

Thoughts? Suggestions how I could do it better?

Master_of_Power
09-02-2007, 09:03 AM
one false move and you die! very interesting. I only been to about 12 different "screens" and died probably half as much

perhaps maybe shops?

ShadowMancer
09-02-2007, 12:07 PM
Just did a little test run, and its pretty cool. questions/suggestions: is there any escape? (arfter X amount of screens Link gets to boss). Yea shops would be a good random option, and/or a room with a fairy to restore life every so often in the random mix. I am not sure what direction you are takeing this, but you have the framework for a really nice dungon adventure. :)

bigjoe
09-02-2007, 04:29 PM
one false move and you die! very interesting. I only been to about 12 different "screens" and died probably half as much

perhaps maybe shops?

Well, this was just a little demo to show off what maybe a few lines of script can do. If I were to really focus on making a quest from it, I would start with a much more relaxed difficulty.

Just did a little test run, and its pretty cool. questions/suggestions: is there any escape? (arfter X amount of screens Link gets to boss). Yea shops would be a good random option, and/or a room with a fairy to restore life every so often in the random mix. I am not sure what direction you are takeing this, but you have the framework for a really nice dungon adventure.

There is no escape at the moment, however, if a quest is actually made with this, all I'll have to do is add and if {} and an else{} segment to change that. ;) The ideas for shops and fairies are noted.

I would think that an adventure in this quest would be forthcoming. The sheer number of screens one would have to design to make every adventure unique, though...