PDA

View Full Version : Ok I checked the Tutorials thread

meen_masheen
08-31-2007, 01:14 AM
but had a hard time finding anything that was useful do to all the spanish people who can't speak very good english. Can anyone direct me where to find this fabled tutorial directory/database. I would really like to start screwing with ZQuest as soon as I can, however it seems to be a pretty complicated program and looks fairly daunting to tackle without at least some basic knowledge of how the program works.

AmazingAmpharos
08-31-2007, 02:34 AM
I don't think there are many, if any, Spanish language tutorials for Zelda Classic. Everything in ZQuest is in English so that will likely not help your cause. However, you speak better English than some native English speakers around here (and the internet in general) so you are probably not lost. I'd suggest Alphadawg's tutorial; his language should hopefully be simple enough to work with (and he has pictures, albeit extremely outdated):

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=91177

That should get you started. If you are having issues seeing how something works, do note that proposed1st.qst, proposed2nd.qst, and proposed3rd.qst all are unpassworded so you can explore around and see how a complete quest file looks in ZQuest.

Also, be sure to use the latest builds. People say they're "just for testing", but the reality of the situation is that they are the best version of ZC out there with the largest feature set and a large degree of stability. Get them at:

http://www.shardstorm.com/

I'd suggest checking every few days (or every day if you are like me) to see what's new, though you should only change versions in the middle of making a quest if you have to do so to circumvent a specific bug.

Nothing in the final quest must be in English. You will have to be able to work with it, but you can rename all your items to spanish language names and make all the strings in spanish (though I don't know if Zelda Classic supports accented characters). It would be good to have quests available in non-English languages; it could really expand the playerbase. If you have any specific problems, feel free to ask either as an extension of this thread or in the help forum. People are helpful, and it's fun to show off how smart you are!

LinkMaster500
09-01-2007, 09:08 AM
So based on that that web site, www.shardstorm. com, the build listed as Build 564 is the one to get and use for quest-making. Is that right?

AmazingAmpharos
09-01-2007, 03:01 PM
I would suggest it.