PDA

View Full Version : What the new items do.

Russ
08-29-2007, 02:20 PM
Here is a short discription of what the new items do:

Arrow Amunition: If true arrows rule is checked, these will give you arrows.
Bomb Bags: Let you hold a certain amount of bombs. There like bomb upgrade rooms but there an item.
Bomb Ammuniton: Gives you bombs.
Braclet (worn out glove): Like a power braclet but it can be used only once per screens.
Cane of Bryna: Not implanted
Charge Rings: Let you charge spin attack and hurricane spin quicker.
Heart Ring: Slowly heal Link.
Hover boots: Let you float in the air after you jump.
Ladder 2: Allows you to move in all four directions on the ladder.
Magic rings: Slowly give Link magic.
Quiver: Lets Link hold a certain amount of arrows if the True Arrows rule is checked.
Roc's Feather: Lets Link jump! YAY!
Scrolls:
Cross Beams: Lets you shoot sword beams in four directions when you do a spin attck.
Spin attack and hurricane spin: Hold down the sword button to charge and release to spin around.
Quake hammer and super quake: Hold down the hammer button to charge and smack the hammer to stun enemies nearby.
Peril Beam: Lets Link use sword beams at low health.
Stomp Boots: Let you hurt enemies by jumping on them, like in Mario games.
Stone of Agony: Makes Link vibrate when near flags.
Welth Medals: Make items at stores cheaper.
Whimsical Rings: Give Link a random chance that one of his items will be an instant kill.
Whisp Rings: Shorten the amount of time Link is jinxed by bubbles. A power of 2 make him impervious to jinxes.

Please someone sticky this so we can avoid questions about new items.

ShadowMancer
08-29-2007, 07:48 PM
Very nice, this is much needed info. Are you by any chance a wiki editor? If so this info should be added (I know i've been pushing this issue about updateing the wiki alot lately and I'm not an editor, truth is if I was not so wrapped up in writeing scripts I would help with documentation) Anyway thankyou from me and 1000 future members :)

Russ
08-29-2007, 09:11 PM
I am a wiki editor. I'll get to adding this. But I am not exactly sure what section it should go in. And on a side note, this is my 200th post.

Praethus
09-11-2007, 03:37 PM
Which of these new items have to be set to B and which work all the time?

Joe123
09-11-2007, 05:27 PM
Arrow Amunition: Doesn't show up in subscreen
Bomb Bags: Passive
Bomb Ammuniton: Doesn't show up in subscreen
Braclet (worn out glove): Passive
Cane of Bryna: Active (not implemented)
Charge Rings: Passive
Heart Ring: Passive
Hover boots: Passive
Ladder 2: Passive
Magic rings: Passive
Quiver: Passive
Roc's Feather: Active
Scrolls: All Scrolls are Passive
Stomp Boots: Passive
Stone of Agony: Passive
Welth Medals: Passive
Whimsical Rings: Passive
Whisp Rings: Passive

Praethus
09-11-2007, 05:57 PM
So the heart ring and magic rings are always filling up your life and magic? A constant regenerating effect?

Nimono
09-11-2007, 08:38 PM
So the heart ring and magic rings are always filling up your life and magic? A constant regenerating effect?

Yes. The higher-levelled ones increase faster. Level-1 Heart and Magic Rings are WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY slow, though. Be warned.

ShadowTiger
09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
You can also make them negative, (To decrease life.) and disable them on a DMap per DMap basis, meaning you can implement "gas chamber" dungeons. :p

King Aquamentus
09-11-2007, 11:34 PM
You can also make them negative, (To decrease life.) and disable them on a DMap per DMap basis, meaning you can implement "gas chamber" dungeons. :p

Or have the level 1 ring be a "cursed ring", and for the remainder of the quest, until you find the next "positive" ring, it's something you have. to keep. watching. Always like a shadow over you.