PDA

View Full Version : screen sound by _L_

Freedom
08-28-2007, 04:14 PM
* You can now specify the IDs of the Ocean sound, Boss Roar sound, and Secret sound of each screen! Leave as 0 for no sound. This, of course, replaces the 'Ocean SFX', 'Boss Roar SFX', 'Roar=Gasp Style', 'Roar=Dodongo' and 'No Secret Sounds' Screen Flags.

How do you do this?
I can't seem to find that in the 557 looking in screen data.
I have to say, I've waited forever for this, I hope that includes any sfx in the list.

Russ
08-28-2007, 04:24 PM
I think the change log said here were no changes except for changes to Zlaunch. Besides, there is a sfx player script in the script showcase that works fine. Just use that.

Freedom
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
Didn't notice that, what a wasted download. :(

_L_
08-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Well, those changes ought to be in Build 560, at least...

To choose looping screen sound effects: Screen Data -> S. Data 2.

I dare say that the most important change is the ability to alter the Secret sound on a per-screen basis. For a screen with a bomb wall, make the Secret sound the din of crashing rock! For a screen with a crystal switch, make the Secret sound a sonorous clang! For a screen with a rising portcullis, make the Secret sound the clanking of iron gears!

By the way, did you know that the Boss Roar sound effect doesn't play if the DMap's 'boss flag' has been cleared? You did? Well, that's okay then.

Freedom
08-30-2007, 10:21 AM
So now you can make cave doors have the door sound as well. ;)
Nice little touch.
But those sounds would "loop" would they not?

Edit;
Don't know what I was thinking, it doesn't loop.
It works perfectly with the doors, just tried it out. ;)

C-Dawg
08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I dare say that the most important change is the ability to alter the Secret sound on a per-screen basis. For a screen with a bomb wall, make the Secret sound the din of crashing rock! For a screen with a crystal switch, make the Secret sound a sonorous clang! For a screen with a rising portcullis, make the Secret sound the clanking of iron gears!

Heeeeeey that's jazzy. I've had to replace secret dings with a generic "crunch" noise to make it realitively suitable for both "boss is dead" and "wall fell down" noises. This makes things alot easier. "Boss wail of doom," here I come! (You know, that... "Mwwarrarrahhhahahahawwwooooiaawwwwww" noise)

Russ
08-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Wow, changing the secret sound on a per screen basis! Great job _L_!:thumbsup: But wait, I thought ZC was on a feature freeze, and the developers only job was bugfixing.

Freedom
08-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Wow, changing the secret sound on a per screen basis! Great job _L_!:thumbsup: But wait, I thought ZC was on a feature freeze, and the developers only job was bugfixing.

Some bugs require a slight modification. ;)