PDA

View Full Version : Confused about the newest stuff...

Petoe
08-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Hello guys.
Now that I have ended my much needed ZC break, I am trying to get back to ZC testing. But I find it kind of hard. :(
The last time I was working on and testing the ZC builds was during b254. Since then there have been many new changes and additions, and most of that new stuff is something I have no clue about. :confused:
For example there are so many new items, and usually during the beta/alpha stages some of the new items have not been fully implemented yet. What's the case with the current builds? Are all new items supposed to be working perfectly, or are there some that I should keep my hands off of?
Is the Large Link hit box supposed to be working perfectly?
What about the bomb bag?
What do all the new sword technique Scrolls do?
How is Cane of Byrna supposed to be working?
What does the Charge Rings do?
What are Whisp Rings and Whimsical Ring?
How is Farore's Wind supposed to be working?

Yeah, so many questions. Sorry for that, but all the new stuff and their explanations should be stickied IMO. I find it very hard to jump back on board because I don't know am I supposed to be testing all these new additions or not and I don't even know what some of these new additions do and how they work.

Call me lazy if you will, but I don't feel like going through all the threads in the Beta forums to see if they have been explained or not. I appreciate it a lot if someone would try to explain the majority of these new things to me so I can become and effective tester again.

-Pete

Russ
08-28-2007, 04:31 PM
I am pretty sure all of the items except the cane of bryna are implanted. I am pretty sure whimsical rings give Link a chance that his attack will be an instant kill. Bomb bags just give upgrade the maximum amount of bombs Link can carry, like the bomb upgrade room, only it's an item. For the scrolls, the spin attack ones let you hold your sword in front of you and when it gleams, let go of the button for a spin attack, like in LttP. The peril beam lets you shoot a sword beam when you are at low health. The quake hammer lets you charge the hammer and then pound it to stun enemies whithin range. And I think the charge ring lets you run faster like the pegasus boots in LttP, but I am not sure. Don't know about any of the other things. Hope that helps.

ShadowMancer
08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
How is Farore's Wind supposed to be working? Last time I heard anything about this, it only teleported you back to the entrance of a dungon
From the ZC Wiki: Whisp Rings: (Power) The jinx timeout divisor. If the power is 2, then he amount of time that Link remains jinxed by a Bubble is cut in half. So they cut down the time that Link is jinxed (sword and item jinx) and I think that they also make perment jinxes temp

Although not a full explination, you can get the idea of how most stuff works from the stickied 'item editor misc attribs' thread

Also, the ZC Wiki is slowly bieng updated, but sadly the Charge Ring is not even on the item list and I have no clue what it does.

The quake hammer lets you charge the hammer and then pound it to stun enemies whithin range Thanks, that is probley why it did not do anything for me (i did not charge it)

Nimono
08-29-2007, 10:14 AM
Last time I heard anything about this, it only teleported you back to the entrance of a dungon
From the ZC Wiki: Whisp Rings: (Power) The jinx timeout divisor. If the power is 2, then he amount of time that Link remains jinxed by a Bubble is cut in half. So they cut down the time that Link is jinxed (sword and item jinx) and I think that they also make perment jinxes temp

Although not a full explination, you can get the idea of how most stuff works from the stickied 'item editor misc attribs' thread

Also, the ZC Wiki is slowly bieng updated, but sadly the Charge Ring is not even on the item list and I have no clue what it does.

Thanks, that is probley why it did not do anything for me (i did not charge it)

That's incorrect. I can tell you what they really do, if you'll listen. ;)

Those items do the following, Peteo/Petoe:

Whisp Ring 1: Stops temp. jinxes and makes permanent ones temporary.
Whisp Ring 2: Makes you invulnerable to all jinxes.
Charge Ring 1: Reduces the time it takes to charge up for a Spin Attack.
Charge Ring 2: Reduces the time it takes to charge up for a Hurricane Spin.
Spin Attack Scroll: Name says it all, lets you do a spin attack. You DO know what a Spin Attack is, right? It's also known as Whirling Blade in LttP.
Hurricane Spin Scroll: Name says it all, lets you do a Hurricane Spin. Lets you do multiple spin attacks in a row, uses up some Magic power, and lets you move around during the spin.
Peril Beam Scroll: From TMC, lets you fire a Sword Beam when you're at a single heart.
Bomb Bags: Increase your max Bombs to a certain amount. Magic (ANY capacity-increasing item) means "infinite capacity". Magic Bomb Bag = Infinite Bombs.
Large Link Hit Box: I dunno. I don't want to use it. O_o
Items: Yes, and no. Cane of Byrna: Stay away. It doesn't work. But it doesn't hurt your quest at all.
Whimsical Ring: Sometimes makes the power of one of your items 255, meaning an instant kill of enemies.
Farore's Wind: Sends you back to Continue Screen. If a certain Misc. value is set to a certain number, you get a "Twilight effect". I'm assuming that's the effect from TP when you use those twilight hole things to transport around the world.

Need anything else, just PM me. ;P

Edit: Oop, I sounded rude again. ._. My bad...

Petoe
08-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Yeah, you sounded very rude. It's like you're talking to a stupid monkeyt, which I'm not. :tongue:

Anyhoo, thanks for the info. Take some respect from me, pikaguy.
But I still think there needs to be a sticky of all the new stuff that has been added and explanations of how they work. Testing the new features is incredibly hard if we don't know how the new struff works. :-/

Freedom
08-29-2007, 11:22 AM
But I still think there needs to be a sticky of all the new stuff that has been added and explanations of how they work.
I agree, that would be a big help

Testing the new features is incredibly hard if we don't know how the new struff works. :-/

Look at the bright side, stumbling around aimlessly in there playing with new "struff" not having a clue what to do next, will bring all the crashes out. ;)

Nimono
08-29-2007, 01:15 PM
Yeah, you sounded very rude. It's like you're talking to a stupid monkeyt, which I'm not. :tongue:

Anyhoo, thanks for the info. Take some respect from me, pikaguy.
But I still think there needs to be a sticky of all the new stuff that has been added and explanations of how they work. Testing the new features is incredibly hard if we don't know how the new struff works. :-/

Yeah, sorry for sounding a bit rude... I have that problem a bit..

Glad I could help you. I'm knowledgeable in what most of these do, so really, if you wanna know what some things are/do, just ask me. :) I don't mind. Really.

As for sticky of what every item does... That WOULD be nice. Maybe I should make such a topic?