PDA

View Full Version : Help with Room-Sate Carrovers

Russ
08-27-2007, 03:53 PM
Okay, no matter what I do, I can't seem to get RSCs to work. I have tried checking and unchecking the checkboxes in screen data, I have tried the treat as interior flag, I tried pretty much everything, but nothing seems to work. Could somebody please explain them to me. And also, will the old method with trigger enemies and dungeon boss flags still work? I put a few in my quest in 2.10 and I don't want to have to go back in and replace every one with an RSC when I move it to 2.5.

Freedom
08-27-2007, 04:33 PM
THe old method still works.

In screen data on next to the last page you fill in the map and screen number to the next screen that you want to trigger when you trigger the screen you are on.
MUST be screens that have permanent secrets, so if it's a dungeon type dmap, you must use the screen flag treat as interior room.
It's that simple. ;)

Russ
08-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Okay, thanks. I could have sworn I did this, but I must have done something wrong. Maybe it was just the build I tried it in (I still use 254). And the old method still works? Thank goodness. Thanks again:).

Freedom
08-28-2007, 01:27 AM
550 is lightyears up from 254, there really isn't any good reason not to move on up.

Russ
08-28-2007, 01:31 AM
Yah, I know, but I am not making my own quest right now, but updating a quest by another person. Since the quest was originally in 2.10, I really don't need acsess to much of the new features, so I might as well just stick to the stablest build. But on a second thought, the newer builds are getting stabler, since the developers only job is bug fixing.

ShadowTiger
08-28-2007, 06:53 AM
lol yep; As Freedom said, 550 > 254. Simple as that. Do it to it sir.