PDA

View Full Version : ALttP Quest editor

meen_masheen
08-26-2007, 08:06 PM
Does anybody know where to find one? I know I saw one a couple years ago and at the time I hadn't realized what I had before me and so blew it off completely. Recently I've realized the error in that act and in trying to rectify my mistake I found Armageddon Games and Zelda Classic. However I was always more of a fan of the SNES than I was of the NES (I'm 21 so most of the NES glory was right before my time) and so I would like to find the editor/emulator for ALttP any help anybody good give me would be much appreciated. Danke Shaen.

DarkDragon
08-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe you're thinking of Open Zelda? It was very LttP-like but is now defunct.

As a ZC developer I feel obligated to add a small plug: ZC has been getting very LttP-like recently, with many new features such as an item editor, enemy editor, and scripting system. You may want to play a few of the more recent quests in Quest Announcement/Discussion (Lost Isle for instance is highly recommended) to get an idea of what ZC has to offer.

meen_masheen
08-26-2007, 09:24 PM
Thanks, I've actually located another quest editor using the name Open Zelda, it's called the Legend of OZ and is actually based on Open Zelda. I'll continue to be here to see how ZC is going.

biggiy05
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
Moved to the ZC section.

Dark Nation
08-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Hyrule Magic, but it requires things that can't be discussed here. Google is your friend.

Anarchy_Balsac
08-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Maybe you're thinking of Open Zelda? It was very LttP-like but is now defunct.

As a ZC developer I feel obligated to add a small plug: ZC has been getting very LttP-like recently, with many new features such as an item editor, enemy editor, and scripting system. You may want to play a few of the more recent quests in Quest Announcement/Discussion (Lost Isle for instance is highly recommended) to get an idea of what ZC has to offer.

For the record, while Lost Isle is great and all, it uses it's own custom ZC version and may not be a good example since you probably can't do everything it does with regular ZC. I'd say play it, but don't expect to be able to do everything it does.

I'd say C-Dawg's demo is a good example of something that shows what you definitely can do with ZC. Whereas quests like mine are just there to put everyone but gleeok in intense emotional distress.

But seriously, yeah play lost isle for fun, play c-dawgs quest for fun and to see what's doable.

DarkDragon
08-27-2007, 01:02 AM
Lost Isle's build actually has less features than the current build. It was forked off of build 254 because the features introduced after 254 also introduced a lot of bugs at the time.

meen_masheen
08-31-2007, 12:13 AM
So... Hyrule Magic, Lost Isle, and Open Zelda are all LttP type emulators?

Plissken
08-31-2007, 12:32 AM
Not Lost Isle, that's a game made with Zelda Classic.

meen_masheen
08-31-2007, 01:03 AM
Ah I get it now. Ok thanks.

ShadowMancer
09-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Hyrule Magic, but it requires things that can't be discussed here. Google is your friend.
Yeah, I was really into those sort of programs before I descovered ZC (I think I found ZC by searching for a Zelda editor) I used to get alot of utilitys from Zophar's Domain, you might want to check it out. Warning useally those programs are a pain to use but can be fun :)