PDA

View Full Version : Read if you're using Vista

DarkDragon
08-26-2007, 04:41 PM
ZC is not fully supported on Vista at this time. Although many users have had no problems getting ZC to run on Vista, here are a few things to try if ZC crashes on start-up:

1. Use the ZCLauncher to start ZC in full-screen mode. In many cases ZC will no longer crash if started through the Launcher.

2. If the above doesn't help, run ZC in windowed mode (use the -windowed command-line parameter).

Russ
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Another thing, make sure you change the color scheme to Windows Vista Home Basic. It is the only color setting ZC will run on. Most of the time the color will be changed automaticly, but sometimes the scheme won't be changed.

billy ronald
08-27-2007, 01:26 PM
Also your ZQ screen may go light grey don't worry find the tiles options go in there and exit back to the editor that should templey solve that (but with every build I'm having no problems with that).

Also why is ZC not capibale with Windows areo if anyone knows can they tell me

Russ
08-27-2007, 01:44 PM
areo is the thing that shows all the windows diagonly, right? Anyways, if it's what I'm thinking of it doesn't work with ZC because it is not avalible in Home Basic, and ZC uses the Home Basic scheme.

Deviance
08-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Like to add to this. It would be a good time to test to make sure ZCL works on Vista. I am not sure because I am not running vista and I refuse to run it :-P. So tell me if it works or not.

Plissken
08-27-2007, 08:46 PM
It works fine for me, in fact it's really the only way I can seem to open up ZC or ZQ on vista.

Deviance
12-16-2007, 02:20 AM
Regarding ZCL 2.0 Alpha #003 release there was a text overlapping issue. This bug was fixed in ZCL 2.0 Alpha #004. So if there are more vista bugs related to ZCL please notify me about it.

bluedeath
01-03-2008, 12:25 AM
Thanks for this, i'm using vista now, my dad bought be my own laptop so I will use this for now on.

Sillycat2
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
I can run 2.5 on my laptop just fine. But when I open 2.10, it seems to have a problem reading the quests. In fact, ZQ won't let me close it without the Task Manager. What's up with that?

erm2003
01-22-2008, 08:26 PM
I am guessing you are using Vista since you posted in this thread. 2.10 has not worked in Vista - so for now you will have to stick with the 2.5 builds until the full release is completed.

dragonfyre
03-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Sorry if this has already been asked (I'm new here) but where can you get the ZCLauncher? I loved TLoZ Classic but my Animal Crossing broke (I had a gameshark so I hacked the NES game for that)... I really want to play this again.

The_Amaster
03-23-2008, 05:16 PM
Well if you've downloaded 2.10 it doesn't have the launcher You can get a beta version from http://www.shardstorm.com, which should have ZCL included.

Nicholas Steel
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
has Vista support been made official yet? :P

mattiator
05-09-2009, 10:32 PM
has Vista support been made official yet? :P
I really hope so. I want to be able to use this easily (and not in windowed, cause that's useless (it's tiiiny on my screen)).

Nicholas Steel
05-10-2009, 04:12 AM
thats your drivers at fault, not Vista.

Nicholas Steel
02-02-2010, 01:58 AM
Since Vista and 7 require a 32bit display for Aero, could Zquest and Zelda Classic be made to use a 32bit display mode? (no not increasing the amount of colours that can be used in quests etc., just the display mode!)

It would remove Windows Vista and 7's requirement of disabling Aero whenever the programs are opened, running or closing. This enabling and disabling of Aero may relate to some seemingly random crashes when opening or closing the Player or the Editor.

So, an overall improvement to stability via consistent Windows behavior at the cost of a performance hit if your not using a 32bit desktop display already (who wouldn't be in this day and age?).

Matthew Bluefox
04-23-2010, 03:47 AM
I'm running Windows Seven now and all of a sudden, all the colors are messed up. The game itself works, so does the editor. Do I have to run the game under a certain Windows cumpatibility? I've read further above that you need to set your desktop background image to the default one ... will that solve the issue? Just wanted to know first before I'm randomly changing stuff which has no effect.

Nicholas Steel
04-23-2010, 07:25 AM
The latest beta version seems to fix the problem (confirmed by me but no one else yet...). For older versions lacking the fix you can try closing all explorer.exe processes with Task Manager (processes tab) and then using task manager to run ZC/ZQ.

Sephiroth
04-23-2010, 08:46 AM
The latest beta version seems to fix the problem (confirmed by me but no one else yet...). For older versions lacking the fix you can try closing all explorer.exe processes with Task Manager (processes tab) and then using task manager to run ZC/ZQ.

Actually, I too am running windows 7 and using build 1228, but there are still times where I'm running ZQuest windowed, and the pallete eats itself alive and my transparencies look like crap until I've restarted ZQuest. Rebuilding the translucency table doesn't work at this time as the pallete changes in the system still.

Nicholas Steel
04-23-2010, 09:01 AM
Please post your experiences regarding the colour corruption, here. http://armageddongames.net/showthread.php?45393-is-it-possible-to-suspend-explorer.exe-processes-as-ZC-launches