PDA

View Full Version : So... is Castro *really* dead?

Prrkitty
08-25-2007, 01:22 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,294512,00.html

Seems the rumor mills are having a field day since there have been no pictures, notes, recordings or anything from Castro since his birthday... Aug 13th.

If he is dead I wonder if the US Government will start letting things happen easier between us (the USA) and Cuba?

It will prove interesting to see what the Cuban government will do as well. Especially since the one ruling Cuba is Castros' brother.

phattonez
08-25-2007, 08:42 PM
Even if he is dead, Cuba is doing this perfectly to avoid a revolution. I think people are warmed up to the fact that he might be dead, but now they won't have the fervor when it is announced.

Trevelyan_06
08-26-2007, 03:17 AM
Maybe he's not dead, but he's severely incapitated. That would be infitately worse than him just being dead. When he dies his power dies with him and it can pass on to whoever it will. Him being alive though but in bad health means that there is time to set up coup and the like before he expires.

{DSG}DarkRaven
08-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Trev is sorta right, though personally I think that no matter what happens, the government there is going to crumble. That's the opinion of many, who think that Castro's bro is not nearly as strong a leader or a communist as he was. Kudos to the old man for holding it together for so long.

No matter what happens, either a coup, or a brother run government, the country is headed for some kind of political and social turmoil. There are a lot of cuban americans who are waiting anxiously for that day.

phattonez
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
^^And we all think that Fidel is dead. Imagine if we opened the island to tourism again.

Starkist
08-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Castro will never die. Even as we speak, his consciousness is being transferred to a giant, bearded, robot body. In a few weeks he will make his glorious reappearance. ¡Viva la revolucion!

phattonez
08-28-2007, 01:21 AM
^^I'm so tired of that line from the Che fanatics. I absolutely loathe people who wear those shirts.

If you believe in the House of God, if you're old you'll never die. If you're young you'll die all the time.

Trevelyan_06
08-28-2007, 03:33 AM
^^I'm so tired of that line from the Che fanatics. I absolutely loathe people who wear those shirts.

I find it hilarious when they wear them. For they think they are wearing the symbol of revolution against "the man". Instead, they're wearing the picture of a guy who helped Castro become a dictator and condemned hundreds of people to their deaths.

phattonez
08-28-2007, 10:20 AM
^^You find it hilarious, but it's just like wearing a picture of Lenin or Ho Chi Minh. People would get punched in the face for wearing those, but they don't hear anything for wearing Che.

I wonder how they would like living in Cuba.

Trevelyan_06
08-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Apparently, he's not (http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/28/castro.clinton.obama/index.html) dead.

Pineconn
08-29-2007, 04:51 PM
Ahhh, hurry up and die already. :D

But really, is Castro hated by most of the inhabitants of Cuba?

phattonez
08-29-2007, 05:07 PM
That article proves nothing.

Castro is very hated, you have no idea. However, you don't hear about it because if the people say anything they are put in prison. There is a very large secret police presence.

Trevelyan_06
08-30-2007, 02:04 AM
That article proves nothing.

Yeah, I was rushing out the door for work when I posted that. I meant to say more along those lines but made do with "apparently".