PDA

View Full Version : Full list of recalled pet foods.

Prrkitty
08-24-2007, 01:49 PM
http://www.avma.org/aa/petfoodrecall/products.asp

For those of you that look out for the safety of your pet, check this list often for updated pet foods that have been recalled. This list is updated regularly.

I am honestly shocked at how many foods for our pets are being recalled/are on the recall list. You'd think that the companies that make these foods would make sure *AHEAD* of time that these products were safe.

You'd think anyway... <sigh>

EDIT: I got that pet food recall list from the following news article: http://www.cnn.com/2007/LIVING/personal/08/22/pet.food.safety/index.html

biggiy05
08-24-2007, 08:19 PM
I feed my older dog and my puppy Beneful and my kitten gets a Purina mix I believe. The other cats get an indoor formula. My geckos eat mealworms which I breed my self to save money so I'm safe.:D

Lilith
08-24-2007, 08:51 PM
my cat already had kidney disease and actually died from this food thing awhile back :/ kidney failure is really awful. she seemed "sick" monday, we took her to the vet tuesday, found out she had to be put down on wednesday, then died on saturday. she only 8 :( the only good thing is my dog also died of kidney disease so we knew what signs to look in terms of fatality. with my dog, the dumb vet kept giving meds that just prolonged suffering so she almost starved to death. rip pets

Prrkitty
08-24-2007, 09:20 PM
biggiy... honestly hon check the cat section of the recalled list (there's a HUGE amount of recalled canned cat food).

And so that you know... even Blue Buffalo (supposedly one of the best foods to feed your pet - and what we feed Teddy) has several items on the recall list. Eukanuba & Iams even took hits on the recall.

The list is freakin huge!

biggiy05
08-24-2007, 10:11 PM
biggiy... honestly hon check the cat section of the recalled list (there's a HUGE amount of recalled canned cat food).

None of our cats eat canned food. It's all dry and I went through the list. Ctrl+F and typed in the brand and name we feed our animals. Nothing showed.

Prrkitty
08-24-2007, 10:40 PM
None of our cats eat canned food. It's all dry and I went through the list. Ctrl+F and typed in the brand and name we feed our animals. Nothing showed.

Fair enough hon. I'm glad you checked the list. :)
(hug)

biggiy05
08-24-2007, 11:06 PM
I checked our foods when this whole ordeal first started. If we ever have ever issues with food we talk to friends and the vet to see what they like and recommend. Same goes for my leopard geckos mealworms. If I have one bad batch from a shipment or my breeders start to die suddenly the whole colony of mealworms is out the door and I start over fresh.

My animals are MY family and they are like my kids so I want the best like other people.

Prrkitty
08-25-2007, 03:26 AM
I agree with you ... my animals (Teddy & Booda) are part of my family. I take as good 'a care of them as I can.

Sute
08-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Oh sheesh.. it's always scary when food is recalled..
The other day I saw a quick article title online about a recall of baby carrots.. and guess what I ate the day before? Always makes me feel uneasy.

I remember about a year ago, TacoBell had that huge problem with their green peppers or whatever.

mrz84
08-25-2007, 09:15 AM
Yesh. These kinda things always spook me no matter what. :moo: